• 3.8.x

FireFox 3.5 available today!!

3:50 PM in Toronto, Canada (EST)
    3:50 PM in New York (EST)
    3:50 PM in Chicago (CDT) 4:50 Eastern
    3:50 PM in Denver (MDT) 5:50 - Eastern
    3:50 PM in San Francisco (PDT) 6:50 - Eastern

Expected final download URL

Everyone deserves access to the internet — your language should never be a barrier. That’s why — with the help of dedicated volunteers around the world — we make the Firefox Browser available in more than 90 languages.
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

• ChicagoPhotoShop
    • May 2008
    • 3.7.x

cool. when is the forced download?

Comment

• Gray Matter
      • Jun 2005
      • 3.7.x

I'm very excited. Been using the beta/RC for a while now without many problems.
      Twitter

Comment

• Scolpy
        • Jun 2008
        • 5.5.x

I've started to use in 3.5 before few days, and this version so great

the main problem is that some add-ons didn't compatible to this version.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ChicagoPhotoShop
          cool. when is the forced download?

Could be as early as July 1st, depending on installation results..

Rather than start a new thread, everyone will likely see it here anyways..

Tomorrow is July 1st, the day the Windows 7 betas will reboot every two hours, and actually fully expire August 1st..

Happy Canada Day!!

To avoid this, download and install an RC build!!!!

MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

To me Firefox 3.5 is kind of a non-descript build. The built-in Flash player is kind of nice but really haven't noticed anything else that is truly beneficial. I just hope it fixes the memory leak issue once and for all. Seems to be going well so far but time will tell.

If the Javascript engine is faster, I really can't visually perceive that. I haven't seen any real performance boosts in pages. A few milliseconds here and there don't really thrill me as a user.

Other than those two things, I don't even recall what is new.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• veenuisthebest
              • Mar 2008
              • 3.8.x

Its out now.
              Did you know? Mozilla — the maker of Firefox — fights to keep the internet a global public resource, open and accessible to all.

Comment

• veenuisthebest
                • Mar 2008
                • 3.8.x

Installed and working like a charm. Can feel the difference in speed and memory usage.

Btw, can anybody confirm if its compatible with 64 bit Windows 7 ?

Comment

• Gray Matter
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  To me Firefox 3.5 is kind of a non-descript build. The built-in Flash player is kind of nice but really haven't noticed anything else that is truly beneficial. I just hope it fixes the memory leak issue once and for all. Seems to be going well so far but time will tell.

If the Javascript engine is faster, I really can't visually perceive that. I haven't seen any real performance boosts in pages. A few milliseconds here and there don't really thrill me as a user.

Other than those two things, I don't even recall what is new.
                  Private browsing and better history clearing controls are the two features I've been most using from 3.5.

There's also support for no-plugin <video>, downloadable fonts (CSS3), etc. Also geolocation (which didn't go so well for me when I did the demo, but w/e).
                  Twitter

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
                    • May 2003

Downloaded and installed.

Only lost two add-ons, which were Abduction! and TimeTracker. Two non-essential ones so I didn't mind dropping them for the upgrade.

FoxyTunes, WebDeveloper, StumbleUpon, IE Tab, Flagfox, and Personas all work without update. And Firebug works with an update.
                    Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• MRGTB
                      • May 2005

having problems updating right now, shows as updating but nothing is happening. Must be to many people trying to download it from their servers

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Gray Matter
                        There's also support for no-plugin <video>, downloadable fonts (CSS3), etc. Also geolocation (which didn't go so well for me when I did the demo, but w/e).
                        Yeah, I mentioned the video. @font-face support looks both good and bad. I remember the days of Geocities and a lot of pretty garish websites with bad font choices. People using billboard fonts designed for 24 points or larger at 9 pixels. <sarcasm>Glad to see those days returning</sarcasm>

Actually, I think it is good that designers can actually explore typography again and make their sites astonishing showplaces. I regret that Microsoft doesn't support truetype or opentype with @font-face and instead insists on using the proprietary EOT format still. Just another browser inconsistency. Just make sure to visit Microsoft and download WEFT if you want to embed fonts and provide consistency.

Of course WEFT has been around since the early Geocities days. I dread the sites made by people who don't have a clue about typography. I am glad that I don't visit MySpace.
                        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 30 Jun '09, 9:37am.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Gray Matter
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          Of course WEFT has been around since the early Geocities days. I dread the sites made by people who don't have a clue about typography. I am glad that I don't visit MySpace.
                          Let's not forget that you don't need @font-face to use Comic Sans... *shudder*.
                          Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 30 Jun '09, 9:36am.
                          Twitter

Comment

• MRGTB
                            • May 2005

Just updated now, the first thing I've seen is the new (+) at the side of tabs, so you can add a new tab very fast. I really like that seeing as I open multiple tabs all the time. Also like the Video thing that doesn't require a plug-in to play them. FireFox is used as my main browser now these past few weeks. It's so much better than IE by miles. I hate IE8, and even went back to IE7

Yeah, I'm a new FF convert that's for sure.

Comment

• Loco.M
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 3.5.x

Firefox 3.x would crash to much for me, I'm sticking with 2.x build
                              -- Web Developer for hire
                              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...