• Protoss
    • Dec 2004
    • 3.8.x

Best of luck in all you pursue Floris.

Comment

• Mr_Butter
      • Apr 2005

See ya

Although I do find it rather funny that you speak of strict moderation seeing how you banned me from your irc channel for no reason whatsoever (I think I told you to "settle down" as a joke and you completely flipped out).

Comment

• MRGTB
        • May 2005

"I'll be back" Ops! I mean you'll be back, your to much a part of the furniture here now

Comment

• Razasharp
          • Feb 2005
          • 3.7.x

Lol yeah - I give him a month/after vb4 is out :lol:

I haven't posted much lately either, a lot to do with being busy, but also because there's so much bickering in the feedback section, I'd like to respond every time I see a silly point being posted but then I'd be here all day - and I just don't have that kind of time. The negativity seems to have gone into overdrive (although it's calming down again now).

Floris - don't be stranger!
          What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• Chroder
            • Dec 2002

You've been an impressive contributor to vBulletin and this community for so long, it is sad to see you go. Though I can understand your discernment regarding the overall feel of this place -- especially lately with the overwhelming negativity that Razasharp noted above.

Although you are withdrawing from this place, I have no doubt you will continue to commit your talents and ideas to other venues and I wish you great luck.

You have been, and continue to be, a great friend and colleague. I'll see you around on IRC and skype!

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by cheat-master30
              Bye. It's kinda depressing here now with so many of the staff and long time members gone. Wish you the best of luck, and one quick question:

Does that mean you'd be at vB Fans or whatever more or less?
              All the vBulletin-*.com communties under the vbfans network will be merged into 1 domain such as vbfans.com, which will be merged into the wetalk network. How much we're going to continue depends on the activity on the forum, not on my dedication to keep it running (won't be less). Hope to see you there too!

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

And regarding every other post in this thread: Thank you all for your feedback, and see you all soon again. Somewhere online.

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

A vital bit of vBulletin died for me when The Great Floris left the team.

Floris was here when I started and helped me even when I had stupid questions. And he was always the consummate professional.

However good the new team are, it just isn't the same.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------
                  My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                  My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Anthony89
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 3.8.x

Floris when I think of vBulletin you are one of the first things I think of. I always respected your position and your posts here. Shame to see you go but good luck.

Comment

• vithorius
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 3.6.x

Man... I know I'm not that big poster (I'm a bit more on vb.org), but this is really depressing...

Just what is going on with the vb universe...?!?

I want to thank you Floris for all the help that you directly (or indirectly) have given me!

(I'm really starting to feel somehow kind of lost in this vb universe... )

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 3.8.x

I feel the same way Floris. I think I am going to be spending less time here as well. It just isn't the same anymore......

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

Off Topic posts have been removed.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Davian Ambrose
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2009

Oh! Well good luck!

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Mark.B
                              A vital bit of vBulletin died for me when The Great Floris left the team.

Floris was here when I started and helped me even when I had stupid questions. And he was always the consummate professional.

However good the new team are, it just isn't the same.
                              I always told customers to not be shy and just ask. There are no stupid questions. And I am glad I could help you get started with your community. Thanks for the kind words.

Originally posted by Anthony89
                              Floris when I think of vBulletin you are one of the first things I think of. I always respected your position and your posts here. Shame to see you go but good luck.
                              Thank you for the nice words. I was hoping the first thing on your mind was the software, but ok I can live with that

Originally posted by vithorius
                              Man... I know I'm not that big poster (I'm a bit more on vb.org), but this is really depressing...

Just what is going on with the vb universe...?!?

I want to thank you Floris for all the help that you directly (or indirectly) have given me!

(I'm really starting to feel somehow kind of lost in this vb universe... )
                              You don't have to be a big poster to be a respected member Enjoy your community and I was happy to help. Thanks.

Originally posted by FreshFroot_
                              I feel the same way Floris. I think I am going to be spending less time here as well. It just isn't the same anymore......
                              With more information finally set in stone and bits of info being shared in blogs and announcements, it feels that the 'ranting' has gone down a bit. Let's hope if those users return they at least learned to be constructive in their criticism. Anyway, that's too off topic. Sorry to hear you don't feel like being active that much either anymore.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                              Off Topic posts have been removed.
                              Yep thanks, I like to keep this thread on topic.

ANYWAY: Thank you all again, I let this go for a while to allow people to reply, but I felt I had to come back and let you know I have read all the comments, including your twitter msgs, privmsgs, emails, comments on my blog and what not. Appreciated.

See you all in a while again.

Comment

• Shamil.
                                • Feb 2008
                                • 4.2.X

Cya Floris
                                Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                                VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                                vBulletin Hosting and Services
                                Server / Website Consultation

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...