• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuyenmotdivad
    • Apr 2006
    • 4.1.x

Computer Chat Google Adwords?

Hi,

I have had a letter sent me today from google that says that seen as I'm with adsense they was wonting to know if I wanted to join adwords and have even added a promotional code so I get £50 free, but I'm a bit confussed.

Does anyone else use google adwords and if so what is it exactly and how much does it cost?

Thankyou
  • Shamil.
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.2.X

I've got a coupon for £75, and I'd like to know as well
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

To put it simply, Adwords is the source of those Adsense ads on your page.

You buy advertising through Adwords and Google publishes it through Adsense. The cost would depend on the keyword and whether you want your ad to be see or not. Some vertical markets pay up to $15.00 a click. Most are much less though.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Andy Huang
        • Feb 2004

ad words is the opposite of adsense ... but I'm guessing you already figured that out by now

You choose keywords for your site, and bid against other people going for the same keywords. Each time your ad is clicked (and I think each 1000 times it is shown, too, but I'm not sure), the credit you bid for is deducted. You can limit how much you want to spend a day, so you don't overshoot your allotted credit.

Analytics offers some very useful tool to track conversions as you are already aware of; with Ad Words, you can even track them with specific ad campaigns, so you know if the money you're spending on the ads are really going anywhere. IE: If Ad 1 is not working out for conversion wise, then switch that off; Ad 2 is doing great, allocate more money per day for it to maximize gain.

I'd imagine 50 / 75 GBP will probably get you guys approx a month of ads... but it could very due to keyword costs.
        Best Regards,
        Andy Huang

Comment

• hitmancode47
          • Jul 2008
          • 3.8.x

Never been a fan of the google adwords software.

For me it just takes up valueable webpage space.
          Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

• Dream
            • Mar 2001
            • 3.6.x

You just spend what you want with AdWords. The trick is to get relevant and cheap keywords.
            Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment