X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dody
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.8.x

Google Wave

Google revealed their new open source tool for communication and collaboration on the web..

check out the video

I wonder how powerful would this be if it is integrated with forums (which is possible)
    while(true){
    if(
    $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
    if(
    $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
    }

• lim (x³-7x²) = ∞
    • Apr 2008
    • 3.0.0 Gamma

This is question to Jelsoft, hope they already start learning this APIs
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/images/editor/smilie.gif

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_UyVmITiYQ&fmt=22 (higher quality version, easier to read/view)

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

All over this; after 5+ years of doing impex all I have essentially done is studies and modeled the the different forms of communication in different formats and figured out how to change one into another and how it relates to the group, the individual and the system.

Then track the mutability over time and you have an actual dynamic system that models communication.

Looks like wave will be fun to play with.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Not just wave, there are professional designers and developers who are having huge conversations about semantic html vs html 5 vs ...

They all kinda seem to agree that normal sites and everything as we daily use it might just end up as xhtml, but that businesses will benefits the most from html5.

Learning just one will cripple a developer, that's for sure.

It's amazing how I started to learn html 3.2 and cgi back in the day and was feeling it had so much potential to become something to power so much more than just directories with lists and potentially dynamic forms .. to see how things like online applications such as 'wave' are a great demo of what is possible 'now'.

That and the original ways of how things are done on the web, complete web sites are dynamic, instant msging online, companies being completely run online without owning 1 store, and massive social networks with quickly developed features, etc.

It's just amazing, to be honest. And feels like way over my head already, despite that I've grown up with this all.

I wish I was born 250 years from now ..

Comment

• Jerry
            • Dec 2002
            • 1.1.x

Sometimes I wish I was born 250 years ago .......
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• MRGTB
              • May 2005

Originally posted by Jerry
              Sometimes I wish I was born 250 years ago .......
              Yeah me too, then all I would have to worry about is how to make a square wheel into a round one.

Is it just me, or does Google seem to be bringing out more stuff these days to capture people - than MacDonald's cook burgers in a day.

Comment

• Dean C
                • Mar 2002
                • 3.5.x

Really interesting talk. I watched all of it It'll be interesting to see how this affects the online communication market. It *seems* like a very efficient way of communicating.
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Dody
                  • Aug 2004
                  • 3.8.x

The tool will be released later this year and by that time i will be done with my bachelor of software engineering, which means I will have time to play with it and look how possible it is to integrate with vB. I am really hoping that this will benifit communities!
                  while(true){
                  if(
                  $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
                  if(
                  $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
                  }

Comment

• joomlajon
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 3.8.x

I think it looks very good.

One group of people will have very more effective way of communication. Another group will have it even harder to get away to get to bed.

The live translation thing looks very good. And even if I don't know how, it looks possible to integrate with different type of ACC (Augmentative Alternative Communication) and live translate. That would mean that a lot of disabled people can communicate with more without that the recipient has to learn the AAC method.

/jon

Comment

• steven s
                      • Jul 2004
                      • 3.8.x

Looks cool except like all the current social networks, I hate getting invites.
                      It's bad enough that I get dozens of mass forwarded emails a day.

I could see it used as a forum though.
                      ...steven
                      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Milado
                        • Mar 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Amazing, this is, absolutely, a new revolution.
                        Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

• sinucello
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 4.2.X

Hi,

interesting article and comments here:
                          CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.

Ciao,
                          Sacha
                          Thermomix, Rezepte und Küchenmaschinen

Comment

• Gladius
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 3.8.x

Revolution? Where? I don't think I've seen a single new thing, except for the fact that Wave packs a dozen things possible with various different programs for years into a single package. Not that that's not commendable by itself, but it's hardly something to fall over about. Also, I've got serious doubts that the thing could be organized well enough to make it more as opposed to less efficient than the current communication/collaboration tools. Playing 10 steps through for 5 seconds looks cute... but try that after 5+ hours, or in a thread with 1000+ posts...
                            Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

• Milado
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 3.8.x

There is a protocol behind what you've seen, also we don't know anything about how efficient the system is.

The new wave fills the gaps between instant messaging and email protocols.
                              Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...