• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

Film recommendations wanted

Hey all!

I'm going to be going shopping for some new DVDs later this week - getting fed up watching the same ones over and over again!

I like pretty much anything, except chick flicks, but I'm stumped as to what to get.

What have you watched recently (or maybe not so recently) that is good and worth getting on DVD?

I watch on average 4-5 DVDs a day (yeah loads I know - but I always have one on the computer while I'm working) so I will be looking for things that have the 'can watch again' factor as I get through my entire collection in about 4 or 5 weeks. Things that come in box sets are good, as are things like tv series.

I have all the 24, lost, NCIS, 4400, Lewis, Friends, Vicar of Dibley, James Bond, Nip/Tuck, and most of South Park already - so please don't suggest them! I keep thinking about getting all of CSI: Miami or CSI: New York, but they are only have a series in a box set so it starts to get a bit pricy!

Finally, it does need to be things that are released over here in the UK. Things that have only been released in the US are not really any use to me.

Open to suggestions, so fire away!
  • harmor
    • Aug 2003

I liked Slumdog Millionaire, Changeling
    Not too many movies that I'd consider recommeding have come out lately.

Comment

• peterska2
      • Oct 2003
      • 3.7.x

Those sound good. I remember seeing a trailer for Changling and thinking that it looked good. Thanks

Comment

• aussiefooty
        • Nov 2008
        • 6.0.X

I know you are looking at DVD's that you can watch but how about ditching them and getting Paytv instead.

Grease is good to watch btw, but you probably have already seen it heaps.
        Any of the Robin Williams movies are funny. Fawlty Towers is funny as well.
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• peterska2
          • Oct 2003
          • 3.7.x

Yeah I love faulty towers - watching it again at the moment!

I do have the skyplayer thing where I can download and watch stuff from my satellite provider, but it doesn't work on a mac and its a pita to use since they changed it and the minimum system requirements now vastly exceed the setup of my extremely old windows machine. I use some of the tv channels online on demand services too for things that I like to watch on tv (NCIS, CSI, Numbers, etc).

Comment

• Biker
            • Oct 2003

Red Dwarf!
            I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

• hitmancode47
              • Jul 2008
              • 3.8.x

Gotta admit, that CSI is good, they got quite a few series of that, so i would recommend that (And the PC games)

But if you really wanna watch something good, i would recommend the new series of Bionic Woman (Michelle Ryan, 2007) i recently grabbed the box set from ebay, and im addicted to it lol.

You can get a trailer of it here:
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Either that, or the "Underworld" films are amazing, got the full collection here, and thats also something i myself watch frequently, cant wait until the new one is released this year.
              Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

• peterska2
                • Oct 2003
                • 3.7.x

I might just treat myself to some CSI if they are not stupidly expensive. I think they are due to be in the sales about now, so if they are then they are on the shopping list.

Comment

• veenuisthebest
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 3.8.x

Twilight.. must buy. I love it.

Comment

• peterska2
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 3.7.x

That sounds good too

Getting some good ideas here - keep them coming!

Comment

• harmor
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by hitmancode47
                      Gotta admit, that CSI is good, they got quite a few series of that, so i would recommend that (And the PC games)
                      The CSI: NY game is horrible.

If you're into real comedy unlike the crap they have out today watch Love and Death. I doubt you'll be find it since it is from 1975.

If you are looking for TV series there's Cold Case, Law and Order: CI/SVU, House, Criminal Minds

Comment

• Floris
                        • Dec 2001

Planet Earth by the BBC

Comment

• Mazinger
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 3.7.x

May be I'm so late, but... Prison Break?
                          $post[signature]

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

Scrubs is always good, Burn notice but im not sure if its out on DVD yet anywhere.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                              • Aug 2000

Hulu.com.

You can see new television shows from U.S. Fox channels there the day they air here. Bones, House, Dollhouse. They also have a show called "Legend of the Seeker" which is in the genre of Xena and Hercules. Quite a few other shows have sporadic episodes. They offer full-length movies as well so you can watch those. Not a huge variety of movies at the moment but it changes from time to time.

The only drawback is that there are commercials but its not overwhelming like broadcast television. Usually only 4-5 commercials with each being about 30 seconds.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...