This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNN
    • Jul 2006

You get that when you are in your teens. You think you are better than your parents. When you are older you will end up respecting them.
    I'm definitely smarter than both of them (that is, new world stuff, technology...), but I never said I was "better than" them. Please don't make assumptions.
    Last edited by SNN; Sun 17 May '09, 12:09pm. Reason: to prevent confusion

Comment

• Milado
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.8.x

Do you mean deaf?
      Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

• TomJames
        • Feb 2006
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
        You get that when you are in your teens. You think you are better than your parents. When you are older you will end up respecting them.
        When did he say he thought he was better than them, or that he didn't respect them? He said that they were a pain.
        - TomJames

Comment

• Gray Matter
          • Jun 2005
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Milado
          Do you mean deaf?
          That wouldn't make any sense.

He just abbreviated "definitely."
          Twitter

Comment

• Milado
            • Mar 2005
            • 3.8.x

Yes, I'm sorry, I haven't noticed the period.
            Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

• pank
              • Mar 2001

Hah
              Just found this pic with our infamous (impeached) governor!
              I'm right behind him on the left...
              Attached Files
              Bob- (pank)
              pankpages.com / http://twitter.com/_pank

Comment

• simsim
                • Nov 2005
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by DoE
                Retired Military

About it in a nutshell.
                Did that give you the fortunate opportunity of working with Mr. Romeo Dallaire, the greatest Canadian?
                You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• aussiefooty
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 6.0.X

Originally posted by SNN
                  I'm definitely smarter than both of them (that is, new world stuff, technology...), but I never said I was "better than" them. Please don't make assumptions.
                  You might be smarter than them but you need to respect them. Don't act like a know it all in this world because you don't know everything.
                  I am 16 years older than you. I can clearly read between the lines.
                  You are only 15 years old. You would be better off listening to your olds rather than arguing with them and causing more pain.
                  Oh and for the fact that you think that you are smarter than your parents use your intelilect in a way that doesn't make you sound like you are a know it all. To do this you can teach your olds how to do things on the computer or anything that is new to them without being a pain to them.

A great thing would be you being able to help others out on here with their vBulletin software. You have seen newbies come on here and read a heap of stuff and get stuck and ask for help.
                  Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                  Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• dkon26
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
                    You might be smarter than them but you need to respect them. Don't act like a know it all in this world because you don't know everything.
                    I am 16 years older than you. I can clearly read between the lines.
                    You are only 15 years old. You would be better off listening to your olds rather than arguing with them and causing more pain.
                    Oh and for the fact that you think that you are smarter than your parents use your intelilect in a way that doesn't make you sound like you are a know it all. To do this you can teach your olds how to do things on the computer or anything that is new to them without being a pain to them.

A great thing would be you being able to help others out on here with their vBulletin software. You have seen newbies come on here and read a heap of stuff and get stuck and ask for help.
                    He never said he didn't respect them, never said or acted like he was a know it all, never said most of what you claim. When I read your posts, I am left with the feeling of.... HUH?

Comment

• TomJames
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by dkon26
                      He never said he didn't respect them, never said or acted like he was a know it all, never said most of what you claim. When I read your posts, I am left with the feeling of.... HUH?
                      Perhaps he's reading so far between the lines he's reading something on another forum?

You might be smarter than them
                      I don't think he ever said that either, he said he knew more about technology which is a fair assessment I'm sure. He never said he had more common sense, more knowledge of mechanics etc.
                      - TomJames

Comment

• Dilly
                        • Mar 2005

I'd suggest not trying to delve to deeply in schwab's post. It'll just make your brain hurt.

Lovely person, but has trouble communicating clearly on a forum.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

I think we're done here.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...