UK archiving every email?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
    What about Google driving down peoples streets taking pictures of their houses. Talk about an invasion of privacy. I hear some people who have spotted the Google mobile with the camera on the roof and told them to piss off.

I'd be incline to say the same also myself.
    They are taking pictures of the environment, not specifically of "inside peoples houses"

You can as a person just go into the street and take 360 pictures for every angle and use those.

It's just not allowed to have a cop in duty on any of those 360 pictures.

But if someone stands nude in front of their window and you can see it as part of the environment ; tough luck. Don't walk around in the nude .. it's a risk you take. windows tend to be transparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
      But if someone stands nude in front of their window and you can see it as part of the environment ; tough luck. Don't walk around in the nude .. it's a risk you take. windows tend to be transparent.
      Actually, at least in the United States, windows give you a legal assumption of privacy event though they are transparent. Anyone looking in those windows could face legal issues if its done with inten
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Yeah, I've read that. I am sure there's another class action suit that people and law firms are looking into.

Comment

I've never argued that it's not legal according to the law. But let me ask you a question, if you saw a stranger stood outside your house taking pitcures. Would your view be it's OK because it legal for him to do so. Or would you be incline to go outside to ask that person why he's taking pictures of your house, and would you not feel a little annoyed that he had the cheek to do it in the first place without asking if it's OK by you to do so.

Google are just abusing a law for there own ends.
          If I saw someone takng photos of my house then yeah I'd ask them - out of curiosity, but I wouldn't get in a tizzle about it, they're not breaking the law and it's hardly going to hurt me is it?

Now if they did something illegal with those photos then I would pursue that actual action, but as it stands, a photo in itself isn't going to hurt anyone.
          What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Google are just abusing a law for there own ends.
            Hard to abuse a law that doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by DJDarknez View Post
              Hard to abuse a law that doesn't exist.
              He probably means that everything on a public highway is in the public domain (apart from members of the armed forces, the police and the security services and buildings that are particularly sensitive, debatable). And that is specified somewhere I believe, though not in a law as far as I'm aware.
              - TomJames

Comment

Originally posted by TomJames View Post
                He probably means that everything on a public highway is in the public domain (apart from members of the armed forces, the police and the security services and buildings that are particularly sensitive, debatable). And that is specified somewhere I believe, though not in a law as far as I'm aware.
                Hmm.. Makes me wonder. If Google tries to do Street View along U.S.A.F Plant 42 would the Air Force confiscate the entire car or just the camera array. The Air Force doesn't allow pictures to be taken within 100 yards of the fence line which encompasses all the surrounding roads. I'd take a picture of the signs on the fence every 20 feet but their security forces are surprisingly quick and see all.

The Air Force also owns about 100,000 acres surrouding the facility and has actually closed roads deemed accessible to the public based on the commanding officer's needs and concerns.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Working...
                X