X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock On
    • Mar 2009

Anyone has experience with vBSEO?

Hi everyone,

Just like to check if anyone of you have used and tried vBSEO and wondering if its really good, effective and improves your forum viewership and driving new members to your site?

Thanks
  • veenuisthebest
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.8.x

Just make a search and you'll find loads of threads that answer your question.

IMO, waiting for vb4 would be a good idea.

Comment

• Terminot
      • Mar 2006
      • 3.8.x

Don't forget, vBulletin 4 will have search-friendly URL. You may not need vbSEO any more.

Comment

• xjuliox
        • Sep 2005
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Terminot
        Don't forget, vBulletin 4 will have search-friendly URL. You may not need vbSEO any more.
        vBSEO has a ton of features that i doubt vb4.0 is going to have when it is released.
        Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

• Dean C
          • Mar 2002
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by xjuliox
          vBSEO has a ton of features that i doubt vb4.0 is going to have when it is released.
          A lot of features some would argue have no positive effect whatsoever too. But that is discussed heavily in the many other threads like this.
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Lizard King
            Banned
            • Mar 2004
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Dean C
            A lot of features some would argue have no positive effect whatsoever too. But that is discussed heavily in the many other threads like this.
            So why do you post again

Comment

• Sn2
              • Feb 2002
              • 3.5.x

So the original poster doesn't make an uninformed decision and buy something which could potentially be useless to them?

Comment

• Cromulent
                • Oct 2005
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Dean C
                A lot of features some would argue have no positive effect whatsoever too.
                Such as?

Comment

• mferguson
                  • Feb 2003

One thing I would recommend highly is the vBSEO Sitemap Generator (with or without vBSEO). This plus making sure that you have custom sitemap generator addons for all the plugins/products on your site where your members submit content will be SEO fodder for crawlers. On my sites I've been spending time to make sure every nook and cranny of useful content is being crawled.

Mark
                  Drive Thru Online vBulletin Plugins | PureSportsCar.com | GearHeadApps.com - iPhone and iPad App Reviews for the Motoring Enthusiast

Comment

• Rocky1981
                    • Jan 2009

Think you need those fellas who have installed VBSEO to their forums and see if they can tell you the difference before and after installing.
                    But USD$149 for VBSEO I think is quite high for there are insight info that vB4 will have some of the SEO features. Hmm......

Comment

• xjuliox
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Rocky1981
                      Think you need those fellas who have installed VBSEO to their forums and see if they can tell you the difference before and after installing.
                      But USD$149 for VBSEO I think is quite high for there are insight info that vB4 will have some of the SEO features. Hmm......
                      Yes but not all the features that vBSEO has. I have installed on my site and i would not run another vbulletin site without having vbseo installed first.
                      Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

• mferguson
                        • Feb 2003

If you are interested in developing your site not only from a membership standpoint but also a revenue perspective, vBSEO and the free vBSEO Sitemap generator are must haves in my opinion. Every site that I launch I plan on $500.00 in various licenses and software needed. vBSEO, vBulletin, a custom skin, and other pieces go into this.

I know that not everyone starts communities to grow membershp and create revenue. If those aren't important to you then vBSEO can be skipped. If however, you would like every opportunity to develop your site into something that you can grow into a secondary, or primary, revenue stream then the $149 is an investment in your future.

Mark
                        Drive Thru Online vBulletin Plugins | PureSportsCar.com | GearHeadApps.com - iPhone and iPad App Reviews for the Motoring Enthusiast

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 3.8.x

vBSEO isn't worth the investment... why? because it doesn't work for everyone and also because vB will be integrating SEO tools. And, with newer and better versions from Jelsoft, the SEO tools will only get better.

Comment

• Cole2026
                            • Apr 2004
                            • 3.6.x

I can't really say that vBSEO has a ton of effectiveness when you are installing it on an already popular forum. However, given that vBulletin 3 as a whole is not a supreme SEO machine (bad code-to-content ratio, there are several different areas that point to the same content [printthread.php, archives, showthread, etc]), it certainly could help. The problem with such a software is that for large forums it can eat away at CPU resources. A theme rewrite would probably work just as well given that most vBulletin stylings are poorly written code.

The 150 USD price tag is a little steep (seeing as a vBulletin license is just a hair more expensive) and that is really what hurts vBSEO. I use it on my forum, but I got a free license back a couple years ago because I beta tested the software. I cannot give many personal results, however, as I have been out of the forum arena for a year or two and am just starting up some new projects very recently.

Comment

• motowebmaster
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 3.5.x

vbseo is a wise investment.
                              Shawn

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...