Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Anime
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.7.x

I do not use FF due to EVERYTHING I might want to use requireing some sort of plugin and then there are the crashes on the newer versions of FF.

i use Slimbrowser because it is stable in all my years running SB it has never crashed on its own, only when/if my OS crashed.

i used SB on many machines with no issues like i have had with FF on the same machines useing the most recent versions of each browser at the times.

my newest pc now running windows 7 (64 bit) is super fast even my browser loads much better and i still only need a reboot about once per month. I run CCCleaner once per day but i do visit lots of sites every day and get rid of about 800MB+ per day of temp files and such. i defrag once per week. and various other mantinence as needed.

here is some really good advice take an air compressor or other blower of somekind to your pc when you see any dirt/dust build up and for goodness sakes do NOT smoke near the pc this will add years to the life of your pc and keep it running at the temps it should be. also an "open" pc table vs one with a cubby hold where the pc sits is also good at keeping your pc cool save on ware ant tare on your machine.

Comment

• Dream
      • Mar 2001
      • 3.6.x

I dumped FF for the new Chrome Beta with extensions... FF with many tabs is just sluggish, I realized that by using my old notebook which I could only use Chrome. Clicking a link to open a new tab is a lot faster. Also, a friend uses Avant Browser, which he said one time he opened 150 tabs and ran ok (one of those "open all links on this page" extension). Also Avant has built-in tabs/passwords/bookmarks cloud backup, and had for a long time I learned. It's interesting that it's based on IE.

Only complain is vB wysiwyg editor doesn't work on Chrome, and some other stuff also. There are even some Google products that have less features in Chrome, which is funny.

Originally posted by Mike Anime
      and for goodness sakes do NOT smoke near the pc this will add years to the life of your pc and keep it running at the temps it should be.
      uh O_o even if I'm not puffing on the pc?
      Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• Yves R.
        vBulletin QA
        • Nov 2003
        • 5.6.X

Even. Smoke near any computer is really bad.

Apple voids warranty of the fail hardware if the computer was near a smoker and if this a possible cause.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• aussiefooty
          • Nov 2008
          • 6.0.X

I mightn't be good at programming but at least I can tell the difference between a browser that uses plugins from Adobe.... The other day I had to upgrade to flash player 10....
          If you have a problem with any browser use a different browser....
          I use FireFox as IE drives me bananas with all the errors it throws up at me.
          It definately has a cookie problem down their end as I have had to delete down my end every single time I have had to use IE's browser....
          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
          Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• aussiefooty
            • Nov 2008
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by ChicagoPhotoShop
            LOL. I don't even know much about programming and I know this is completely wrong.

are you new to this stuff?
            Look stop picking on me every time I post something. You are nothing but annoying.
            I mightn't be good at programming but I can tell when the browsers that are being used are not very good. They aren't even programmed as well as we would like as they are throwing errors all the time.
            Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
            Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Sir Nick
              • Sep 2009
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mazinger
              It crashes million times a day, I have to restart it everytime and it start crashing again.

I can't find a particular reason, It crashes if I'm opening only one tab or many, and If I'm opening heavy size pages or small pages.

I have some addons installed, not sure if it affects this crashing.

I'm also on the latest version: 3.0.8

Please post your suggestions here, because I started to hate the web because of firefox.
              Upgrade to 3.5.6 never crash's what so ever.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
                Look stop picking on me every time I post something. You are nothing but annoying.
                I mightn't be good at programming but I can tell when the browsers that are being used are not very good. They aren't even programmed as well as we would like as they are throwing errors all the time.
                That was back in April...
                Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• theezy
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mazinger
                  It crashes million times a day, I have to restart it everytime and it start crashing again.

I can't find a particular reason, It crashes if I'm opening only one tab or many, and If I'm opening heavy size pages or small pages.

I have some addons installed, not sure if it affects this crashing.

I'm also on the latest version: 3.0.8

Please post your suggestions here, because I started to hate the web because of firefox.
                  Mine started doing that once.. I uninstalled it and deleted everything mozilla / firefox off my computer.... Then I reinstalled it and it works like a charm again.

Comment

• enener
                    • Dec 2009

To re-install the software

Comment

• terry3911
                      • Dec 2009

Try to disconnect an antivirus.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...