X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lich_king2
    • Mar 2009

Legal question

I'm asking how legal is using Vbulletin if someone who is using it with license is hosting and promoting illegal activities?

<snippity snip>

How can be possible to have vbulletin forum license for discusing something that is breaking DMCA and EULA ?
    Edit: If i had commercial board which someone is using for illegal stuff i would revoke license.
    Last edited by peterska2; Thu 26 Mar '09, 4:16am.
  • kentaurus
    • May 2000
    • 3.6.x

Drugs are not legal in most places.
    Discussing drug usage is not illegal.
    Same with abortion.
    Same with many more topics.

Weird analogy maybe, but it may be useful for you. In any scenario, this is not the place for legal advice, if you are concerned, you should hire the services of a lawyer for proper advice. In a forum you will only get, well, opinions.

Actually vbulletin terms of service say:
    not to use the Software for any illegal purposes and shall comply with all applicable legislation
    So yes, a license could be revoked because of illegal purposes, what is not clear is what entity would rule what is an illegal purpose. All the description you made doesn't seem like something illegal to me. But then again, I'm not a lawyer.
    CemZoo Wiki - The complete anime encyclopedia
    CemZoo Foros - Spanish Anime & Gaming Community (also browse our archive)

Comment

• kentaurus
      • May 2000
      • 3.6.x

Before we get ourselves the thread closed, the chit chat forum is not the place to report this, you may email [email protected], or use this page: http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php
      CemZoo Wiki - The complete anime encyclopedia
      CemZoo Foros - Spanish Anime & Gaming Community (also browse our archive)

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

If you want complain about a site, contact their host.

If you think a site is breaking the license agreement: www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...