• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Originally posted by eJM
    I did a search to see if I can run IE7 and IE8 at the same time. Didn't find an answer. Anyone know?

Jim
    Can be done:

Google results
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• eJM
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.8.x

Thank you very much.

Jim
      If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
      www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• Evanrs44
        • Aug 2007

I gave up on IE after they released 7. I had so many problems with 7 after I downloaded it. It seemed like it would freeze each time I would try to load a big page.

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
          Banned
          • Mar 2004
          • 3.6.x

I really like IE8.

Comment

• dkon26
            • Jul 2007
            • 3.7.x

I had all sorts of issues with IE7 and now with IE8, pages load quick, no crashes or freezes and I dont have to click on FF first before IE will actually connect to the internet! I have noticed some web pages do not like IE8 though.

Comment

• ---MAD---
              • Jun 2005
              • 3.8.x

Just updated from rc to gold. Haven't noticed too much difference.

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                Banned
                • Mar 2004
                • 3.6.x

I just made IE8 my default browser again. Congrats Microsoft for finally putting a decent web browser out.

Comment

• chrischristian
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by BamaStangGuy
                  I just made IE8 my default browser again. Congrats Microsoft for finally putting a decent web browser out.
                  I agree. SUPER FAST BROWSER, very stable and with very good features. It´s my default browser again.

Comment

• Razasharp
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 3.7.x

Nothing comes close to Opera - most intuitive browser around, not to mention being the fastest & best looking.
                    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• veenuisthebest
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by chrischristian
                      I agree. SUPER FAST BROWSER, very stable and with very good features. It´s my default browser again.
                      Originally posted by Razasharp
                      Nothing comes close to Opera - most intuitive browser around, not to mention being the fastest & best looking.
                      Firefox is Best

Comment

• Razasharp
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 3.7.x

Firefox is a pain. By the time you add all the features of Opera it is slow and buggy (and less secure.. cos they're plug-ins).

New version of Firefox? Great - wait ages for the plug-ins you need! But hey who needs to wait, for what becomes a sub standard product anyway?

Opera is the most stable, most secure, most feature rich out of the box, most intuitive, most innovative and best looking browser out there.

I even convert mac users to use it.

For any heavy surfer, or professional who uses the web a lot, nothing comes close imo. The mouse gestures, the tabs (and click on tab to 'swap' tabs, great for comparing stuff) the personal bar (that allows folders too), the proper full screen, correct one middle scroll equals 3 lines, the wand for passwords etc etc etc.

What's the best browser for web surfing!
                        Last edited by Razasharp; Sat 21 Mar '09, 5:08pm.

Comment

• veenuisthebest
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 3.8.x

I even convert mac users to use it.
                          Convert them all
                          W3Schools offers free online tutorials, references and exercises in all the major languages of the web. Covering popular subjects like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, Java, and many, many more.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Razasharp
                            Its all personal opinion on which is the best. For example, I absolutely hate the Opera interface and understand why it is not a mainstream browser with about 1% market penetration. I don't even use Opera Mini much on my Blackberry anymore because its a pain in the rear to use.

p.s. Linking to a review on your own site written by you doesn't strengthen your position.

Personally, I think IE has the best user interface in the game. Firefox has the most expandability. I use Firefox because its easy for me to tweak the interface to look like IE's (no menu bar, colored tabs, Aero, etc...) and get the tools that I want to us in my browser easily.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Razasharp
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 3.7.x

I'm not trying to strengthen my position Wayne, I wrote the page as I seem to find that I recommend Opera a lot, and having the info on one page makes it easier for me, rather than re-type what I say all the time.

Besides this is not a debate where I need to strengthen my argument, I'm just saying that imo Opera is the best (and explaining why I think that) - as far as I am concerned it's your loss if you don't use it.

I am a very heavy surfer and have tried pretty much all of the browsers, nothing comes close to opera for the reasons I stated, there are so many things in it that make it a real joy to use. It does take some setting up though, hence why I have gone to the trouble of creating that page (which is actually a combination of previous posts I've made).

I may even add to it, with how-tos on saving your bookmarks and wand passwords so you can import them into a new install (say after an os reinstall) quickly and easily, it's little things like that that add up that makes me love it so much.

If Opera shipped with my set-up as standard I think they would take a lot more of the market share - as almost everyone who I have got to change have seen my set-up first.

Just out of interest - list all the features of IE that you like a lot.

Comment

• veenuisthebest
                                • Mar 2008
                                • 3.8.x

Seeing Razasharp's love for Opera, I thought of trying it for the first time. So, just downloaded it.

Anndddddd... I have to seriously admit that its really fast, infact faster than ie, ff, chrome. I'm really loving it, specially the smooth scrolling, the look of the interface, the ease of option switching and everything. I am surprised that the least % of people use it. BUT firefox has an x-factor, that still makes it the default browser for me.

btw I have no idea, how Chrome is getting popular so fast, I am just not liking it at all. Its really in its basic stage.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...