X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R1lover
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.8.x

IE is still slow compared to FF
    www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by veenuisthebest
      btw I have no idea, how Chrome is getting popular so fast, I am just not liking it at all. Its really in its basic stage.
      The Google Cult. It has a lot of overlap with the Apple Cult. Neither company can do no wrong and everything they release must be absorbed as soon as possible. Chrome would have a lot more blind followers if Safari didn't exist.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cromulent
        • Oct 2005
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Razasharp
        Nothing comes close to Opera - most intuitive browser around, not to mention being the fastest & best looking.
        Technically Safari 4 beta is the fastest browser around (by a long shot).

Comment

• harmor
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          The Google Cult. It has a lot of overlap with the Apple Cult. Neither company can do no wrong and everything they release must be absorbed as soon as possible. Chrome would have a lot more blind followers if Safari didn't exist.
          I agree. You should watch AppleSoldier's videos on YouTube.
          He thinks anything Apple releases is far superior to anything else.

Comment

• Razasharp
            • Feb 2005
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by veenuisthebest
            Seeing Razasharp's love for Opera, I thought of trying it for the first time. So, just downloaded it.

Anndddddd... I have to seriously admit that its really fast, infact faster than ie, ff, chrome. I'm really loving it, specially the smooth scrolling, the look of the interface, the ease of option switching and everything. I am surprised that the least % of people use it. BUT firefox has an x-factor, that still makes it the default browser for me.

btw I have no idea, how Chrome is getting popular so fast, I am just not liking it at all. Its really in its basic stage.
            I've added some more tips on the What's the best browser for web surfing? page. They are some of my most used/cherished features

Originally posted by Cromulent
            Technically Safari 4 beta is the fastest browser around (by a long shot).
            In 'real life' usage Opera and Firefox were the fastest in my tests (in terms of page rendering). It doesn't really matter these days tho as they're all fast enough imo (apart from the older IEs). The reason Opera is a squillion times faster for me, is because I save so much time doing the same thing: surfing. You just have to live with it for a while to appreciate what I mean, I guess.
            What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• R1lover
              • Apr 2006
              • 3.8.x

I just installed the new Safari, so far it's the best overall package...

The alt+s works out of the box and it's as fast or faster then FF and Opera, I really liked opera, but there is no fix for the alt+s and I have been using that on forums for years, i can't live without it.

Safari it is for me now... Thanks for the mention of it... I almost forgot about it.
              www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

I have used Safari 4 for a few weeks now and it slows down my workflow. I don't want to wait for the animation to finish to get to the page, and then wait for the updated version of that page to replace the 'memory' of the page. I want it to be like firefox, I click the bookmark, and the page is there, almost instant.

I can't get used to it, this has to speed up.

Comment

• R1lover
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 3.8.x

I just started using it... so we will see... I do agree that the tabs are better in FF, is there a way to get the tabs to open up as the home page like FF?

Comment

• R1lover
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 3.8.x

I just put all my normal sites as bookmarks on the toolbar, switching from one site to another works pretty fast this way, just click the tab, no animation this way.

you might try it?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Just out of interest - list all the features of IE that you like a lot.
                      I've thought about this and I figure that whatever features I list there will be an equivalent in other browsers. Its not really a "Feature List" thing but more how its packaged overall. If I didn't use a Windows OS, then I might find another browser to be the best package. The interface of IE8 just seems like more thought was put into it. I like how the menu bar disappears when I am not using it which is 99% of the time. The favorites button is better laid out, so on and so forth.

Like I said it all comes down to personal preference in the end.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Razasharp
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 3.7.x

Features/things you like.

Yes it's personal preference, but I'd argue (and the only thing I'd argue) is that you owe it to yourself to give it a proper go first, as the default set-up is just scratching the surface. Remb, all features are standard in my set-up, the only thing downloaded is the skin/style.

I could easily argue the interface is more intuitive in Opera, and that bookmarks are better implemented too. But you need to try it out for yourself really (as per my set-up - which takes 5 minutes to do btw) as that's the only way you'll be able to see for yourself why that is.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

Well I would never use your setup. I would absolutely hate having the tabs and bookmarks (at least that is what it looks like) at the bottom of the screen. However I have given Opera a go. I used it for 6 months once because I was told that I would fall in love with it. Never did. I have the latest version installed but absolutely cringe when I have to run it for any reason. You can try all you want to convert me but I doubt it will happen.

Besides, you can't do this in Opera as far as I am aware: http://cooliris.com/.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Razasharp
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 3.7.x

I can't see why anyone would want everything at the top - it's clunky not to mention ugly. Besides. when you're ready to go to another page, you're usually towards the lower end of the page.

Anyway it makes perfect sense to me - up to you what you do Wayne.

Cooliris looks like a waste of time, too much of that style over substance crap we see so much of these days. I don't mind style so long as it all makes sense and has value and is of real use.

Comment

• harmor
                              • Aug 2003

I can't see why anyone would want everything at the top - it's clunky not to mention ugly. Besides. when you're ready to go to another page, you're usually towards the lower end of the page.

Anyway it makes perfect sense to me - up to you what you do Wayne.

Cooliris looks like a waste of time, too much of that style over substance crap we see so much of these days. I don't mind style so long as it all makes sense and has value and is of real use.
                              I installed Cooliris and you're correct. It looks pretty but there isn't a point in using it, unless you want to eat up memory.

I use Firefox. I added something to the CSS file to hide the "Show Passwords" button and I installed a plugin that hides the menu bar and appears when I press ALT.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...