X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sully90
    • Aug 2008
    • 3.8.x

vBulletin 4 Series Layout

In terms of the new layout to be expected in the upcoming 4 series, what would you like to see incorporated within the new style?

Personally, I love the current design. But it does need a more appealing 2.0-ish look, making more use of the gradient and converting all images to .png making it easier for style customizations.
  • Joe Gronlund
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.8.x

More 2.0 stylish too. I love the colours, I hope they don't change too much, I also love orange used in Themes....
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• ManagerJosh
      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Jake Sullivan
      In terms of the new layout to be expected in the upcoming 4 series, what would you like to see incorporated within the new style?

Personally, I love the current design. But it does need a more appealing 2.0-ish look, making more use of the gradient and converting all images to .png making it easier for style customizations.
      To be honest, I hope the design follows more of the vBulletin 2.0 design. I find the 3.0 design very limiting.
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• TomJames
        • Feb 2006
        • 3.8.x

Clean.
        - TomJames

Comment

• Redseal
          • May 2007

I would like it to be majestic like an eagle soaring high over the plains. Something that would cause women to weep in its beauty and grown men to cower in its magnificence. You know, that old chestnut.
          I love lamp

Comment

• ThorstenA
            • Nov 2004
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by TomJames
            Clean.
            I agree.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
              • Jun 2002

Originally posted by TomJames
              Clean.
              And clean HTML please too.
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Dream
                • Mar 2001
                • 3.6.x

No white text on dark background, rounded edges... navbar on same horizontal space as logo. CSS buttons instead of images. clean also.
                Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                  • Dec 2000
                  • 3.6.x

What is a web 2.0-ish design?

Comment

• bahbah
                    • Dec 2001
                    • 3.8.x

Clean, and for once intuitive ... vb2 was only more intuitive because it had less features. The main reason I didn't change from UBB earlier in vb2's life was that UBB was just more user friendly.

vb3 for some is just an incomprehensible mess - I regularly get emails from frustrated new visitors trying to work out things as simple as registering, make a post, finding their post etc. (usually 3 emails/day)

Comment

• DoE
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by bahbah
                      vb3 for some is just an incomprehensible mess - I regularly get emails from frustrated new visitors trying to work out things as simple as registering, make a post, finding their post etc. (usually 3 emails/day)
                      I can not recall receiving any emails/posts/pm's from new (or old) members asking how to do anything you described. It is all laid out quite clearly. So I have to ask: What kind of members are you attracting?

Comment

• bahbah
                        • Dec 2001
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by DoE
                        I can not recall receiving any emails/posts/pm's from new (or old) members asking how to do anything you described. It is all laid out quite clearly. So I have to ask: What kind of members are you attracting?
                        I was expecting a reply like this ... the site helps people with computer problems and has a fairly large amount of members.

Comment

• TomJames
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 3.8.x

I find some people have been unable to find their way around vB 3, whilst (for me) it's a minority of users I think that it could be made clearer.
                          - TomJames

Comment

• hitmancode47
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 3.8.x

Make something unique like a range of styles to chose from, like modern forum skins etc.
                            Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

• Deriel
                              • May 2005
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Redseal
                              I would like it to be majestic like an eagle soaring high over the plains. Something that would cause women to weep in its beauty and grown men to cower in its magnificence. You know, that old chestnut.
                              Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...