Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

Originally posted by Dream
    You guys think people will start using more Twitters, Google Waves and less isolated forums?

I'm wondering if people will have patience to register on forums that talk about one topic as opposed to a new Usenet that these things have a chance to become. IB should put OpenID on vB imo, anyone with a Google account can use it and in the very least would make forums less of a hassle to use.
    Honestly, I think your just scratching the surface in saying that.

Comment

• Gray Matter
      • Jun 2005
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart
      I do feel that Twitter should have a moderation option, so that we can approve who can follow us.
      It does.

Twitter

Comment

• ChicagoPhotoShop
        • May 2008
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Dream
        You guys think people will start using more Twitters, Google Waves and less isolated forums?

I'm wondering if people will have patience to register on forums that talk about one topic as opposed to a new Usenet that these things have a chance to become. IB should put OpenID on vB imo, anyone with a Google account can use it and in the very least would make forums less of a hassle to use.

great point. I wonder how vB will evolve with this in mind.

Comment

• Ohiosweetheart
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Gray Matter
          It does.
          I don't mean that one. I don't want to hide my updates or anything.

I'm talking about, if someone wants to follow me/you, we should have an option to select deny or approve. Without having to hide our page from the public.
          Peggy
          ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Razasharp
            • Feb 2005
            • 3.7.x

Ohiosweet - you can just block them

I'd like to see a way to reorganise my list! I want my own sites to be shown first, so have just unfollowed everyone and added them back in the order I want them to show but - it still shows them in the old order :roll:
            What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• aussiefooty
              • Nov 2008
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              I guess. Getting ready to spin vBCodex off into its own account so that would be four.
              Why don't you just have the two accounts one personal one for yourself and one for vbcodex?

4 accounts is too many
              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
              Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Ohiosweetheart
                • Dec 2005
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Razasharp
                Ohiosweet - you can just block them

I'd like to see a way to reorganise my list! I want my own sites to be shown first, so have just unfollowed everyone and added them back in the order I want them to show but - it still shows them in the old order :roll:
                yeah I do.
                Peggy
                ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

I also have multiple accounts, for multiple reasons. It's not uncommon.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everybody for adding me to twitter, it's great to stay in contact with the people from the community here. I am glad I joined this thread.

Comment

• aussiefooty
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 6.0.X

Have just deleted my twitter account due to idiots hacking into it and leaving stupid and immature messages. They then went on a rampage and posted up some rubbish on my forum.
                    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                    Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                      • Nov 2001
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
                      Have just deleted my twitter account due to idiots hacking into it and leaving stupid and immature messages. They then went on a rampage and posted up some rubbish on my forum.

Sounds like you have some trolls..

Just use a very extreme combination of numbers, lower and uppercase letters for a password , like k967GIo!!!9p

Also Twitter accounts are never deleted after a certain amount of time "6 months??" they may be fully deleted, they are suspended to be easily restored by the user...
                      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• MrNase
                        • Jun 2003
                        • 3.8.x

I created two nice scripts that are being tested right now.

The first one takes every direct message that are sent to a specific account. It evaluates the DM and when it contains a city it will update the account's status with the current weather conditions of that city.

The second one does almost the same thing except it updates another account's status with the current weather warning for that city.

So far it's working great but at the moment it's German only. I have plans to make it international and I'll keep you guys updated.
                        That's the end of that!

Comment

• Onimua
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by MrNase
                          I created two nice scripts that are being tested right now.

The first one takes every direct message that are sent to a specific account. It evaluates the DM and when it contains a city it will update the account's status with the current weather conditions of that city.

The second one does almost the same thing except it updates another account's status with the current weather warning for that city.

So far it's working great but at the moment it's German only. I have plans to make it international and I'll keep you guys updated.
                          That definitely sounds like an interesting project!
                          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• MrNase
                            • Jun 2003
                            • 3.8.x

Preparing the bot is takes two hours time. The problem right now is to find a good Twitter username.

I am using wetterservice in Germany and I'd love to use weatherservice but that name is already taken.
                            Last edited by MrNase; Wed 1 Jul '09, 2:46pm.
                            That's the end of that!

Comment

• MRGTB
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by MrNase
                              Preparing the bot is takes two hours time. The problem right now is to find a good Twitter username.

I am using wetterservice in Germany and I'd love to use weatherservice but that name is already taken.
                              How about twitter/mrnase

Comment

• MrNase
                                • Jun 2003
                                • 3.8.x

Already taken.

I've found a good one. Let's see if I get the rest up and running in the next couple hours.
                                That's the end of that!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...