Are you on Twitter?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric33
    • Apr 2008

Ok, just got back from wally world and I'm telling you this internet social crap is getting out of control. I saw a woman with a T-Shirt on that said her twitter name. WOW.

So Twitter.. I make an account then put up announcements.. I'm going to the gym...I'm coming home at 6, Party this weekend at mary's, I'm going.

Is that what you do on there?.

I want to go back to the 80's now.

Comment

• Felicitybramble
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Eric33
      Ok, just got back from wally world and I'm telling you this internet social crap is getting out of control. I saw a woman with a T-Shirt on that said her twitter name. WOW.

So Twitter.. I make an account then put up announcements.. I'm going to the gym...I'm coming home at 6, Party this weekend at mary's, I'm going.

Is that what you do on there?.

I have a very similar view on this social networking stuff as you. I am not on twitter, myspace, facebook. If i want to talk to one of my friends i will call them. i am not even that big of a fan of text messaging

Comment

• Dream
        • Mar 2001
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Eric33
        you sure? those clothes and hair...
        Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Adidas Originals - nice 80's themed sneakers I won't complain.

Comment

• Eric33
            • Apr 2008

Ok so I went and made a profile lol. I look up Natalie Portman and yepp.. she is on Twitter! LMAO.. Well it really does appear that it is her, but who knows...probably some jack-off poser that should get arrested for impersonation.

Says she has 1,995 followers or *cough* Stalkers *cough* lol and her last message says.. :hectic schedual, how;s everyone doing? dated march 15.

I wrote an @Natalie message saying hello and that I am Eric from New York and that I wanted to save her life when your head got lopped off on the Boleyn girls LOL.

My god..do you think it's really her?... Geez... I'm blushing....lol.

****!... looks like I just got myself hooked on Twitter!... Damn it LMAO!.

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

You could check the celebs on wefollow.com - site's a hobby site from Kevin Rose (@kevinrose and @wefollow) kinda interesting.

If a celeb has under 10K followers, I assume they all got fooled by a fake celeb, and I won't follow the person. I rather wait until it's confirmed.

Offtopic.

A friend of mine on twitter suddenly can't unfollow anybody. It seems to work, but after page refresh (different OS/computer/ISP/etc tried) the user is still followed. Everything else seems to work and Twitter support is 0%

Comment

• Eric33
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Floris
                You could check the celebs on wefollow.com - site's a hobby site from Kevin Rose (@kevinrose and @wefollow) kinda interesting.

If a celeb has under 10K followers, I assume they all got fooled by a fake celeb, and I won't follow the person. I rather wait until it's confirmed.

Offtopic.

A friend of mine on twitter suddenly can't unfollow anybody. It seems to work, but after page refresh (different OS/computer/ISP/etc tried) the user is still followed. Everything else seems to work and Twitter support is 0%
                Hey, Floris.... I am on that site now and it looks to be a site that has "ONLY" confirmed actual celebrity users?.. I searched for Natalie Poertman and she isn't there.

Comment

• AWS
                  • Apr 2000
                  • 5.2.x

There must be a major problem with the follow system. I have people showing that I follow that I never did. It seems like when certain people follow me, all are spammer too, I automatically follow them for a day then they are gone from my follow list the next. That's been happening for the last 2 days. The first day my follow list grew by 10 and I didn't add any of them. The next day they were still following me, but, they were off my follow list. Maybe Twitter is getting to big and the software is breaking down.
                  Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by AWS
                    There must be a major problem with the follow system. I have people showing that I follow that I never did. It seems like when certain people follow me, all are spammer too, I automatically follow them for a day then they are gone from my follow list the next. That's been happening for the last 2 days. The first day my follow list grew by 10 and I didn't add any of them. The next day they were still following me, but, they were off my follow list. Maybe Twitter is getting to big and the software is breaking down.
                    Hmmm.. I have had spammers follow me but I don't follow them back. Haven't had anyone added to my follow list automatically either. Haven't looked at the API but it might be possible for someone to add code to their website to auto-follow them if you visit from their twitter page. Not sure how they would get your id and password though.

Twitter has been slower and has had a few other problems in the last couple of weeks though. Might be time for them to upgrade their servers as more U.S. Companies pull it to the mainstream.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Eric33
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

Twitter has been slower and has had a few other problems in the last couple of weeks though. Might be time for them to upgrade their servers as more U.S. Companies pull it to the mainstream.

Just tried to log in and got this: Twitter is over capacity.
                      Too many tweets! Please wait a moment and try again.

Some dude is making the money now eh?..wow.. they better get some big ass servers in use quickly.. Wouldn't want to lose millions sitting on my ass now lol.

Comment

• Eric33
                        • Apr 2008

I suppose twitter has some 20 year old punk making millions lol.. madness I tellya.. madness.

Oh.. I'm going to a concert..I thought you all would like to know.

That is my Tweet for the day....duh.

However.. my domain in my signiture parked at Sedo has made me a whopping 58 cents in the last 4 days... woo hoo.

Comment

• EWGF
                          • May 2007
                          • 3.8.x

I get errors when I want to publish a tweet =/

Comment

• mooncreek
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                              • Aug 2000

Funnily enough, there are more "I ate such and such for breakfast" in this thread than I usually get in a week of tweets on Twitter. Most of what I get are new articles and announcements from websites and businesses that I follow. I guess if you wanted to then you could make your twitter account inane but you can also make it something worthwhile. My twitter is like have 50 research assistants finding information for me.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Eric33
                                • Apr 2008

^ hahahha I love it!.. says it all dude.

`

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...