Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Originally posted by golfer adam
    Just found that out about the warrant which is good news. I can't find the receipt though which could be a problem.
    All you need is the serial number on the back. Mine was an online purchase and didn't have a receipt - just an email I couldn't find.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

The Serial Number will give them the time, date and store that you purchased it from. Depending on the store it will also give them a copy of the receipt. In most stores, it probably gives the security tape time code so they can see what you are wearing when you purchased.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• golfer adam
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Floris
        All you need is the serial number on the back. Mine was an online purchase and didn't have a receipt - just an email I couldn't find.
        That is great news, thanks for your help as well as everyone else.

Comment

• MrNase
          • Jun 2003
          • 3.8.x

Just give them a call. They have a free hotline (at least in Germany) and they can tell you what to do. Good luck!
          That's the end of that!

Comment

• Razasharp
            • Feb 2005
            • 3.7.x

I bought mine from Tesco (launch day) and when it died 11 months later I manged to get a refund! Kept the money for a bit and when the PS3 launched I bought that instead. Almost 2 years later it is going strong and the failure rate going by what I've seen so far, is tiny!

Even if MS does not offer a 3 year warranty any longer, in this country you can take the matter to court if you feel the product did not last a 'reasonable' amount of time.

According to some of our users, 6+ years is not unreasonable.
            What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• SNN
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by golfer adam
              Thanks I will give that a go now.

I starts of green then immediately goes to 3 red rings, all red apart from the upper right ring.

How long is the warranty on these things, I got it in early 07.

Cheers
              Hardware failure. Probably the graphics output if it does it as soon as it turns green. Just got my own Xbox (And did my research...) hopefully there won't be these issues :X

Comment

• Kinneas
                • Jan 2005
                • 3.8.x

I've been through about 4 since I bought mine. They always broke just short of a year so rather than get MS to repair them I got them exchanged for a brand new one at the store I bought it from. Added bonus there is a new Warranty

The last exchange was for an elite, which must be about 1.5 years old now as well. It's good to know MS will still repair it if it breaks though.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Kinneas
                  I've been through about 4 since I bought mine. They always broke just short of a year so rather than get MS to repair them I got them exchanged for a brand new one at the store I bought it from. Added bonus there is a new Warranty

The last exchange was for an elite, which must be about 1.5 years old now as well. It's good to know MS will still repair it if it breaks though.
                  What about your hard drive? did you have to lose all your info?

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

xbox does not want the hardware , cables, etc.. They just want the console with empty dvd player. When you get it back you pop in your hard drive. I didn't have to download anything again or auth anything. But a friend of mine simply has to re-download the game, and authenticate it. Their web site also explains how and in what steps.

The DRM issue comes up again, .. you can onliy do this once (unless I read this wrong). So you're basically screwed the second time .. unless you do a hard drive transfer, which is also limited to just one transfer. Sorry if I am wrong, but .. I remember reading something like this and go ' i hope i dont have to redownload anything ' - and I didn't. everything worked, all save games are there, it started, and i could save progress.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...