• Feb 2005
    • 3.7.x

Obama is elected US president!

Wow! Fantastic news
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?
  • Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

Congratulations to Obama and all those who supported him.
    Forums

Comment

Super news :d

Comment

• Comtech
        Banned
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.6.x

I will wait on congratulating him or those who supported him, until after he takes office and we see his official stance on the important situations facing us as a nation. I never thought he was the right person for the job.

Most of the states surrounding me (Tennessee) also does not believe he is capable of being a good president. That is why we chose McCain, a proven leader.

Obama will need to prove himself. He will need to keep 75% of his promises, including his promise to give the U.S. citizens the same health care benefits that congress gets.

Comment

• Dilly
          • Mar 2005

Most of the states surrounding me (Tennessee) also does not believe he is capable of being a good president. That is why we chose McCain, a proven leader.
          Says it all.

Comment

• eJM
            • Sep 2004
            • 3.8.x

Apparently, Senator McCain didn't prove his ability to be a leader to enough people.

Jim
            If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
            www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• Martz
              • Apr 2001

*** Warning biased opinions ***

It's an amazing day, history in the making.

Obama will be measured by his term in office and be critiqued along the way (a good thing). The Bush legacy isn't a good one, I'm finding it hard to think of anything positive that happened or has been achieved under the Bush administration throughout his 8 years in office. The democrats now have a very tough job to do cleaning up the war and financial mess.

As an outsider (in the UK) I'm extremely pleased to see the back of Bush and my personal opinion is that the USA can now redeem itself in the eyes of the rest of the world with more sensible foreign policy. How this is to be achieved I don't know, but the coalition needs to bring its troops home and at the very least stop the deaths of its own citizens/soldiers in the name of the freedom for another country.
              HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
              -
              Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

• Hayk
                • Sep 2007
                • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Razasharp
                Wow! Fantastic news
                Changes we need

Congrats to all, including McCain's voters. Obama is a new and fresh air in American political life and I expect from him real, peaceful and democratic policy, without senseless aggressiveness and stupidity
                vBProjects - Professional vBulletin Services and Solutions
                vBSpring - Premium vBulletin Add-ons

Comment

• Cloud Strife
                  • Jun 2002
                  • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Same 2 party system... Same Crap... I don't expect much change from Obama as he says. Possibly some window dressings, but the major issues could never be tackled by a puppet, we all know what happened to JFK when he tried... Ah well, maybe he'll be alittle better than McSame...

Comment

• xjuliox
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 3.7.x

Congrats to Obama,

But how can anyone think that mccain had a chance at winning the election with the type of campaign he ran...
                    Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

• Dean C
                      • Mar 2002
                      • 3.5.x

Very impressive victory speech
                      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by xjuliox
                        But how can anyone think that mccain had a chance at winning the election with the type of campaign he ran...
                        Fear is a good motivator among those who are xenophobic and paranoid within electorate. For others its the impression of stability and conservative views that would pull their votes. Still others it could have been a sense of military service, parental rights or identifying with McCains generation. Obviously there were 55 million reasons to cast a vote for McCain. When you get down to it, the reason for voting is a personal choice and reflects who you are inside and your own values.

Hopefully the country can pull above the last 8 years and get back on track.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ---MAD---
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 3.8.x

It's obvious Obama would win with such a large fund. Obama himself spent 650 million us dollars whilst Mccain spent 85 million.

Obviously Mccain had much bigger issues such as siding with bush on many polices many in the US will never forget.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ---MAD---
                            Obama himself spent 650 million us dollars whilst Mccain spent 85 million.
                            McCain raised over $300 million. If he only spent $85 million than he was at fault for not doing more to promote his campaign.

However according to:
                            CNN.com's Election 2008 Interactive Map provides an in-depth view into the campaign ad spending of the Republican and Democratic presidential candidates.

Both candidates only spent half or less of what they raised in campaign contributions on advertising:

You can see total contributions here:
                            CNN.com's Election 2008 Interactive Map provides an in-depth view into the campaign fundraising of the Republican and Democratic presidential candidates..

All in all it was a $1 billion dollar election cycle with both candidate having access to more funds than any previous President had. As it is, I doubt we have heard the last of McCain or Palin. They will be heard over the next few years as well. We'll have to see how a Democrat government works over the next two years now that there are no checks and balances between the Legislature and Executive offices.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mazinger
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 3.7.x

Congrats to Obama! We at the middle-east are optimistic of him.
                              $post[signature]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...