X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chousho
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
    They make you pay more money for different codex's ? You might want to find a better vent server. I pay a flat fee for slots, and can use whichever codec/bitrate i want.
    I get good ping and haven't had any problems with downtime. I'm currently going through pure-voice.net, as a friend of a friend went through them (so out of familiarity).

After looking back at what the additional $5 was for~
    ClearVoice Codec
    The ClearVoice codec upgrade will bring superior voice clarity to any Ventrilo server on our network, adding more depth and presence in sound quality to every user. Although ClearVoice may add exceptional sound quality to your Ventrilo server, it may cause latency issues to some users who play online games that require a steady connection for adequate game play.

Cost: $5.00USD/month.
    But there's really no need, as the default is set to "Speex (32 KHz, 16 bit, 10 Qlty) 5520 bytes/sec".

Comment

• Vile
      • Jul 2002
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Floris
      My experience is: that the quality really sucks.
      I use skype instead with my friends, and it's as if they're in the room, and .. with multiple ppl talking, i can actually understand what they're saying. Unlike vert. where it's just a blur of static for me.
      I think it's just you...I've been using vent for quite some time and the sound quality is very good and certainly does not sound like static for me, but as mentioned above, quite a few factors come into play. The only times the quality is bad, is if the person on the other end a really cheap, poor quality mic, their settings are not correct, ie outbound, or the server is using a bad codec.
      Webmaster / Administrator
      www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Vile
        I think it's just you...I've been using vent for quite some time and the sound quality is very good and certainly does not sound like static for me, but as mentioned above, quite a few factors come into play. The only times the quality is bad, is if the person on the other end a really cheap, poor quality mic, their settings are not correct, ie outbound, or the server is using a bad codec.
        Bad sound card will do it too. A friend of mines laptop sound card produced horrible static when she tried to talk. We got her a USB mic and the problem went away instantly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...