X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJDarknez
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.7.x

Comcast

Anyone else using Comcast get hit with that 250GB cap yet? I just hit it yesterday at 253GB...guess I'll have to be careful for the next 2 weeks.

I can't wait until the Midwest US get's FIOS from Verizon. That's supposed to be the new hotness.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Move to the Netherlands We're getting fibre in many cities, and my ISP just upgraded from old fashion 24mbit to newer 60 and 120mbit accounts. With no cap. In 2009 they are enabling a lot more cities, after which they promised to up it to 200mbit or more.
    And their competitor announced in Amsterdam to introduce 1gbit up/down in 2010 and grow that to other cities to follow.

high speed broad band internet
    bigger tubes can't wait!

Every time we hear news about 250gb caps by comcast for example, we lol a little.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
      • Jun 2002

I thought you lawl a lot, Floris.
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
        I thought you lawl a lot, Floris.
        I have no idea what you tried to say there. Sorry

Comment

• Tailfeathers
          • Jun 2004
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Floris
          Move to the Netherlands We're getting fibre in many cities, and my ISP just upgraded from old fashion 24mbit to newer 60 and 120mbit accounts. With no cap. In 2009 they are enabling a lot more cities, after which they promised to up it to 200mbit or more.
          And their competitor announced in Amsterdam to introduce 1gbit up/down in 2010 and grow that to other cities to follow.

high speed broad band internet
          bigger tubes can't wait!

Every time we hear news about 250gb caps by comcast for example, we lol a little.
          Sweden and the Netherlands compete for #1 and #2 in the Western world in terms of broadband coverage and speed. Super fast connections with no caps here as well.
          Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Sweden has had 10mbit up and down everywhere for a while now, and Chello (you probably recognize them) was just a tad behind here in the NL over sweden. Especially on upstream. Recent years the 10mbit has become 100 for quite a few towns in sweden right? And dsl and cable has gone up to 24mbit for more ppl. and otherwise maxing out the docsis2 with 30/3

Comment

• Dilly
              • Mar 2005

128K is the fastest I have available here.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

I don't even know what I download in a month. Have never tracked it.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• pk698
                  • Apr 2003

I have comcast and I play WOW every day. Haven't hit it... yet. Don't know how bandwidth intensive WOW is but I hope I don't reach it.

Comment

• Chousho
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 3.8.x

Wow, I'm glad we don't even have Comcast around here.

I'm using TimeWarner and we don't have any caps beyond what we would normally be able to reach. I usually download 30GB* every 2 days or so and haven't been sent any notice (about bandwidth limitations).

I'm not even sure what my monthly usage is, but I figure it's gotta be a bit over 250. You should seriously look for a new ISP. Even DSL would be better, as lower speeds but more download would be a better value.

Seriously though, I can't wait till our area gets FIOS. It always seems the bigger cities get everything first.

Linux, BSD, Spins, mostly* ... what?!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

I have Time Warner as well. I'll have to see who offers FIOS in my area. If its only Verizon that offers it in my area, I won't be getting it. They are the worst company ever in my personal experience. As soon as I don't need a traditional line for my alarm system and satellite television receiver, I am not going to be a customer of theirs anymore.

Pretty satisfied with Time Warner for internet though. I have five computers and a Wii on my network. Sometimes we have 4 people logged into World of Warcraft at the same time while my wife streams music off of Napster, and others stream movies off of Netflix or Youtube. There are no problems with bandwidth or latency.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• MRGTB
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                        I don't even know what I download in a month. Have never tracked it.
                        Mmm, why what do you download?

Comment

• Floris
                          • Dec 2001

When you're online, browsing sites, checking email, playing games, watching netcasts, or listening to podcasts, downloading backups from sites, etc.

It's all traffic, ... duh

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by MRGTB
                            Mmm, why what do you download?
                            See the post above yours. We stream at least 4 hours worth of music in the house ever day. We watch movies from Netflix by streaming them onto the network. Kids use the Wii to browse the internet quite a bit. Online games. We also belong to an offsite backup service which allows us to backup our computers on a nightly basis with 50GB of storage. Plus general browsing.

Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• King Kovifor
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 3.7.x

Never hit it. I'd be interested in seeing how much traffic I can get... Any way to track it?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...