October 14 - We're all going to get abducted (or something), apparently..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrLeN
    • Apr 2004

October 14 - We're all going to get abducted (or something), apparently..

For reasons which I wont bother going into, I regularly search YouTube for information regarding the UFO phenomena. 99% of the videos make me laugh. If you go to any UFO video on YouTube, you will see a single comment on just about all of them (using one of my many accounts) saying simply:

"Swamp Gas"..

Which I thinks quite humorous, when the video has tens of thousands of views and 5 stars all the way. Call me a troll, but the bigger the reaction I get, the funnier it is to me. Especially the people that declare, emphatically: "How on EARTH could you NOT believe after seeing THAT???". I just think it's hilarious. Sorry, but I do. I wont beleive ANYTHING I see on YouTube. The video editing technology these days is astounding. On the other side of the spectrum, I've seen enough blurry and shaky blobs and dots to last me an eternity. I think people are just far too gullible.

Now, as far as I can see -- this "New Age Movement" is the spearhead behind most UFO videos, articles, websites, books and just about everything else you can loom up relating to UFO's and unexplained phenomena.

That's all well and good, but I have a question. Why is it that the average New Ager seems totally spaced out? Why is it that they all recite practically the same things? Half of them finish every other sentence with "Namaste" (which is an Indian term that means respect), and all they talk about is love love love. I haven't got anything against love, but if I didn't know any better, I'd be inclined to think that something is hypnotizing all these people. Too much meditation?

Now, before any New Ager's get upset with me -- this thread isn't about bashing New Ager's or anything like that. I just think you're all weird is all; sorry.The whole thing here is that there's a lot of talk about some UFO's showing up in the skies on the 14th of October and it has me intrigued.

I don't know if anything is going to show up. I know that in this world, practically anything is possible. That's not to say I believe that Aliens from another planet will "grace our skies", but if something DOES show up -- then I submit that what ever it is is evil and we should be very wary. I have reasons for my views too.

Before I continue, let me post this video from the person that (as far as I can ascertain) started all this "14th of October: talk. She made this video months after all the rhetoric started:

Blossom Goodchild

Blossom Goodchild clarifies FACTS regarding October 14th 6969

Now, I don't really know who this woman is -- because as much as I search for UFO information, I really don't mix with the crowd. I have no need -- and like I said, I think most of them are plain out weird. Nevertheless, as far as I can gather, this woman is respected by many and apparently well known amongst New Ager's.

She seems like a level headed enough person -- and is probably a fantastic woman. If I met her and she wasn't saying anything about UFO's -- I'd likely see her as being totally normal. But I just came across this video which has over 5,000 views in 2 days and 5 stars. I am really sorry, but I have to say it -- if this guy isn't positively POSSESSED, then I don't know what is:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

He's not the only one either. I could go and get ENDLESS videos of people that are "really" weird and seem so spaced out and not connected with reality. People who go on and on about love and enlightenment and UFO's and aliens and all that.

I wont interject with what my beliefs are, because that doesn't really matter for the purposes of this thread. The main reason I made this thread is to offer a warning sorts. I have reason to believe that some pretty weird things are going to start happening before the end of this year. Don't ask me what. I can't be bothered explaining -- but I' not buying this "alien" story.

99.9% of people online who promote these types of things all say exactly the same thing. Aliens are coming here to increase our "vibration" and increase our love and usher us into a new age. You hear all this talk about 2012 and the Mayan calendar and Nostradamus prophecies, and Nibiru and, well.. the list goes on.

I don't really want this thread to become a "battle of beliefs". We can do without that sort of thing. I know for a fact that if I voiced my views, the thread wouldn't last 10 seconds. So lets keep religion out of this, so that the discussion can move forward.

What I would like is for you to give me your opinion on this so called 14th of October. You don't necessarily have to interject with "why" you believe what you beleive. Just what you believe by itself will do just fine.

For example: Have you heard anything about this 14 of October thing? If so what is your opinion? If not, then what is your opinion of people who do believe all this stuff? Am I alone in thinking hat New Ager's are odd?

As far as I am concerned, I think this whole New Age Movement is really spaced out. I just don't trust it. I see too many characters within its structure that give me the shivers -- and I am absolutely not being sarcastic or vitreous. I am stating what I see in a frank manner -- even though it probably wont cause some people who read to jump for joy.

Anyway, basically -- I just want other people's opinions on all this. Please try to keep it clean. I can foresee this thread getting out of hand. Moderators -- if it does, can you please just sort out the people responsible and not close the whole thread? We're all grown adults. We should be able to carry out a discussion such as this without anyone getting their knickers in a twist.
    I'm Kind of a Big Deal
    Hosting (no ads) and "DNS" Domain - Pay Nothing (ever).
    100,000 Text Links. No registration required.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

I trust the LHC to create a black hole that kills our universe, over alien abductions

And to be honest, I have very little faith in LHC going bad on us

Comment

• MrLeN
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Floris
      I trust the LHC to create a black hole that kills our universe, over alien abductions

And to be honest, I have very little faith in LHC going bad on us
      Oh yeah, I forgot about the black hole. Between that, The Anu-naki, Nibiru, Blossom's UFO's, Larry King doing UFO segments every three days, Astronauts and world leaders all saying they saw UFO's etc.. I am starting to wonder what scams are coming down the pipeline.
      I'm Kind of a Big Deal

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

That said .. you end your thread with
        Anyway, basically -- I just want other people's opinions on all this. Please try to keep it clean. I can foresee this thread getting out of hand. Moderators -- if it does, can you please just sort out the people responsible and not close the whole thread? We're all grown adults. We should be able to carry out a discussion such as this without anyone getting their knickers in a twist.
        but you start it with
        I regularly search YouTube for information regarding the UFO phenomena. 99% of the videos make me laugh. If you go to any UFO video on YouTube, you will see a single comment on just about all of them (using one of my many accounts) saying simply:

"Swamp Gas"..

Which I thinks quite humorous, when the video has tens of thousands of views and 5 stars all the way. Call me a troll, but the bigger the reaction I get, the funnier it is to me. Especially the people that declare, emphatically: "How on EARTH could you NOT believe after seeing THAT???". I just think it's hilarious. Sorry, but I do.
        I think you can't demand that. Furthermore, as soon as this thread shows a normal conversation is not possible, we will just close the thread. I don't think these type of discussions are suitable for this web site, because this is a sales/support web site for a commercial company selling products and giving support to it. While off topic discussions are fine, such as probably these too, it shows that these type of topics, and topics like politics or strong controversy, etc. where opinions are personal and strong, it usually ends up with name calling and people bending our rules to speak their mind etc.

Comment

• MrLeN
          • Apr 2004

That said .. you end your thread with but you start it with

I think you can't demand that. Furthermore, as soon as this thread shows a normal conversation is not possible, we will just close the thread. I don't think these type of discussions are suitable for this web site, because this is a sales/support web site for a commercial company selling products and giving support to it. While off topic discussions are fine, such as probably these too, it shows that these type of topics, and topics like politics or strong controversy, etc. where opinions are personal and strong, it usually ends up with name calling and people bending our rules to speak their mind etc.
          Sorry Floris.

Namaste?
          I'm Kind of a Big Deal

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Even if they are all true, so what .. we live our life the way we want to and how we are doing it. If it is 100% confirmed we die tomorrow, I might reconsider spending my time on this forum or being at home. I would like to hug my family for example. But I don't go out and change my life because of something that might or might not happen.

Regardless of whatever conspiracy, alien abduction, 2012, blah blah blah, .. in the end if any natural disaster happens, it will happen when it happens. It's equally threatening, and to be honest, even more realistic. I and you and everybody else there are not changing our lives because it is possible at any moment a huge object from space can impact our earth so great it destroys everything.

Comment

• MrLeN
              • Apr 2004

Even if they are all true, so what .. we live our life the way we want to and how we are doing it. If it is 100% confirmed we die tomorrow, I might reconsider spending my time on this forum or being at home. I would like to hug my family for example. But I don't go out and change my life because of something that might or might not happen.

Regardless of whatever conspiracy, alien abduction, 2012, blah blah blah, .. in the end if any natural disaster happens, it will happen when it happens. It's equally threatening, and to be honest, even more realistic. I and you and everybody else there are not changing our lives because it is possible at any moment a huge object from space can impact our earth so great it destroys everything.
              Yeah, well I pretty much agree with you wholeheartedly..

..but I just feel that there's something more to this 14th date than meets the eye. Believe me, I've read all the conspiracies and I don't believe anything -- but lately Larry King has been doing a UFO segment every three days (seemingly), you've got astronauts coming out saying that they've seen UFO's. Even the Pope is saying we're not God's only creation.

It seems like everyone who's anyone is getting on the "we're no alone" bandwagon. Now I just don't believe it -- but there's enough rhetoric floating around to make me sit back and say: what gives?

So I am looking into it all, and I am posting around asking for opinions in case someone knows something I haven't picked up on yet.
              I'm Kind of a Big Deal

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Well, we are just a species on a planet, surrounding one sun, in one galaxy in one universe, in one dimension where our own time and space and physics apply in various shapes and forms. How unlikely it is that we are this unique, if it is so logical how we've evolved? Life is not limited to this planet. But in what shape or form other 'life' exists, time will tell.

If there is going to be an unidentified object in the sky, and they even have detailed info like 'alabama' or whatever .. and it turns out there's a new stealthy military space ship in development that will do a day light training mission and it's possible to catch it with naked eye because you know where to look ... then someone didn't keep their mouth shut and this time ufo believers use it to try and add truth to their assumptions. But .. that's just one possible example of how this event could turn out to be 'true'. And when it turns out not to be an alien space ship, they can always say ' look .. it was an ufo, because nobody could (or wanted) to identify it. Now we know, see .. military conspiracy!'.

Who cares?

And if it turns out we will have alien abductions on or around that date and we get clear globally accepted evidence of this. Then wow .. someone after thousands of years .. was finally right for once.

Comment

• MrLeN
                  • Apr 2004

Well, we are just a species on a planet, surrounding one sun, in one galaxy in one universe, in one dimension where our own time and space and physics apply in various shapes and forms. How unlikely it is that we are this unique, if it is so logical how we've evolved? Life is not limited to this planet. But in what shape or form other 'life' exists, time will tell.

If there is going to be an unidentified object in the sky, and they even have detailed info like 'alabama' or whatever .. and it turns out there's a new stealthy military space ship in development that will do a day light training mission and it's possible to catch it with naked eye because you know where to look ... then someone didn't keep their mouth shut and this time ufo believers use it to try and add truth to their assumptions. But .. that's just one possible example of how this event could turn out to be 'true'. And when it turns out not to be an alien space ship, they can always say ' look .. it was an ufo, because nobody could (or wanted) to identify it. Now we know, see .. military conspiracy!'.

Who cares?

And if it turns out we will have alien abductions on or around that date and we get clear globally accepted evidence of this. Then wow .. someone after thousands of years .. was finally right for once.
                  lol -- again, you're pretty much on par with what I think.

I just smell a rat. I don't believe we are God's only creation -- but I don't believe Andromedan's are coming on the 15th either. If they were, they'd find a better way to announce it than on YouTube.

I just think with all this "disclosure" lately, and Larry King doing segments every three days and all these officials and leaders all saying that they saw UFO's and aliens -- someone wants us to believe UFO's are real.

They probably ARE! ..but in this instance, I'm not buying it. I just smell a rat is all.
                  I'm Kind of a Big Deal

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

Dont' use the media as an argument. Don't forget the journalists are just that.. they report on the news. If politics is hot, they report on that. If there's hype around october 14th or LHC or other doom scenarios - it means if they spend time on this, they get more or new viewers. More viewers to their program = renewing season = they have a job.

Comment

• MrLeN
                      • Apr 2004

Dont' use the media as an argument. Don't forget the journalists are just that.. they report on the news. If politics is hot, they report on that. If there's hype around october 14th or LHC or other doom scenarios - it means if they spend time on this, they get more or new viewers. More viewers to their program = renewing season = they have a job.
                      Well, as far as I am concerned -- the corporate Media these days is practically useless. They report only what the sponsors say they can report. They are not journalists -- they are repeaters. They simply repeat what they're being told to say.

I don't watch the corporate media for the "news" value, lol. I watch it to try and figure out what they want us to believe. And for a long time, they've wanted us to believe in UFO's.

Did you know that Ronald Reagan gave a speech ion from of the UN saying imagine if the world came under some thread from other worldly influences? I factor that in with the whole corporate media basically telling is every day that UFO's exist -- after denying it for 50+ years

..something IS going on. But what ever it is, I have a string feeling that it's a big STOOGE job.
                      I'm Kind of a Big Deal

Comment

• Floris
                        • Dec 2001

I have to disagree, knowing quite a bit about journalism through my dad his work and how he brought newspapers into classes for projects to get kids involved and inspired by journalism, and me working at the company from time to time - I think I understand a bit more about the difference between fox news (tiny rant) and real journalism. I know enough good journalists that report on facts and refuse to break what they were taught in school journalism 101. Both in Europe and the US. They have blogs (that are not populated by interns and actually written by themselves) and podcasts too, write columns, books, and are well known and established as credible journalists, with links to sources, etc.

If you look for the news that's propaganda or spinned, you will find that. If you look for news written and casted by journalists. You will find it.

Generalizing that journalism is no longer what was because they just do what they're told by the government or the sponsors, ... I recommend to change your news channel on the TV from time to time. But I agree yes, it's a huge shame that they are willing to do and say what is needed to be considered the known and number one journalist - or just so they get more viewers.

Comment

• MrLeN
                          • Apr 2004

I have to disagree, knowing quite a bit about journalism through my dad his work and how he brought newspapers into classes for projects, and me working at the company - I think I understand a bit more about the difference between fox news and real journalism. I know enough good journalists that report on facts and refuse to break what they were taught in school journalism 101. Both in Europe and the US. They have blogs and podcasts too, that are not populated by interns and actually written by them, with links to sources, etc.

If you look for the news that's propaganda or spinned, you will find that. If you look for news written and casted by journalists. You will find it.

Generalizing that journalism is no longer what was because they just do what they're told by the government or the sponsors, ... I recommend to change your news channel on the TV from time to time.
                          Mate, the corporate media is so powerful that such people don't last 10 minutes on those stations. Before you jump to conclusions (which you have, unfortunately).. thinking that I am labeling all journalists as repeaters.. let me clarify what I am saying because there's no point the conversation taking off on a tangent that's imaginary.

I agree, there are HEAPS of journalists around that stick by what they're supposed to be doing, and that's reporting the news. But my whole point is that I watch channels like Fox and CNN to find out what the globalists "want us to believe".

So we can get off this which journalists are real and which aren't tangent, because I am not even willing to talk about it. I agree with you. Problem solved.

Now back to the corporate Media.. they have been pushing this alien topic way to heavily and I think there's a reason why. I think "someone" wants us all believing in UFO's. I want to know why.

My reasons for wanting to know why have nothing whatsoever to do with actual aliens or whether 2012 doomsday is coming. I smell a big stooge job and I want to work out what's going on. I wouldn't be surprised if something DOES show up on the 14th, but if it does, I really don't think it's Andromedan's.
                          I'm Kind of a Big Deal

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

Well, whatever happens, good luck with your search for information and I hope you meet enough interesting people to share and exchange opinions with. It's always interesting, science and all that. It's just not worth more than 10 minutes of my time every day But that's just me.

Comment

• MrLeN
                              • Apr 2004

Well, whatever happens, good luck with your search for information and I hope you meet enough interesting people to share and exchange opinions with. It's always interesting, science and all that. It's just not worth more than 10 minutes of my time every day But that's just me.
                              I am trying to find more information for a reason; because if I walk around not willing to give such matters more than 10 minutes of my time, I could very well wind up very ignorant and totally unprepared for unforeseen eventualities. I am not one to turn my back on things when I smell a rat. I smell a rat and I know that there are others around that smell it too. Maybe by finding such people and talking with them I can obtain a more clear picture fo what is actually going on in this world.
                              I'm Kind of a Big Deal

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...