• Show
Clear All
  • Dream
    • Mar 2001
    • 3.6.x

Google Chrome, Google's Browser

just a heads up

google blog:

Insights from Googlers into our products, technology, and the Google culture

comic book explaining Google Chrome:

beta will be out today
    Radio and TV Player for vBulletin
  • KW802
    • Jul 2003

So far I haven't read anything that would make me switch from FF3.
    [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

• Dream
      • Mar 2001
      • 3.6.x

Read the comic book, it's pretty good. I'm halfway.
      Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• Quillz
        • Nov 2004
        • 5.0.X

Sounds promising, but I really don't think it will prove to be any threat to either IE or Firefox.
        Forums

Comment

• ManagerJosh
          • Jun 2002

Let's speak when Chrome is polished up on our PCs
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Watch the comic, it makes you want to switch from FF or IE to GC.

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

wtb download, its at least worthy of being tested.

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Patience, it will be downloadable later in about 100 countries.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Floris
                  Watch the comic, it makes you want to switch from FF or IE to GC.
                  I would rather have screenshots and a simple feature list. Nothing in the comic book sold me on the browser. I'll probably download it and try it but really nothing is "Wow, knock my socks off" so far. Maybe I just refuse to be caught up in the hype.

One thing is if the browser forces a look and feel on me that doesn't match my OS similar to Safari, its not going to be very useful to me. However at this point, it doesn't seem to offer me anything new that cannot be accomplished in Firefox 3 already.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

I like the simple look of it, that's what I like about FireFox right now too, and about IE8. I like Flock for example, but it is just too cluttered.

This 'rebuilding' and multi threading and sandboxing of processes, stuff like that.. and the stuff that helps online apps feel more like offsite apps, including google gears, this makes me excited about cloud computing and browsing the net in 2008 again.

If not only that it means that it helps push others to improve what they have.

I am too used to firefox, i haven't even fully switched to safari 3 or 4 yet. (60/40)
                    but I have kinda stopped using flock, camino and opera, and fully stopped using ie6-8 (only to 'play' with).

The screenshot looks more like gmail, than like the comic, which is a bit of a shame. I kinda like the thicker border and the simple look and almost handwritten font.

Comment

• Kinneas
                      • Jan 2005
                      • 3.8.x

I'll certainly give it a go. It looks like it's going to be build on good ideas at the very least

Comment

• ---MAD---
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                        I would rather have screenshots and a simple feature list. Nothing in the comic book sold me on the browser. I'll probably download it and try it but really nothing is "Wow, knock my socks off" so far. Maybe I just refuse to be caught up in the hype.

One thing is if the browser forces a look and feel on me that doesn't match my OS similar to Safari, its not going to be very useful to me. However at this point, it doesn't seem to offer me anything new that cannot be accomplished in Firefox 3 already.
                        I totally agree. I don't like the way they are presented. IE8 blogs were very good listing features with screenshots and explanation etc.

I really don't see the need for another browser in the market but I guess Google wants to be everywhere now. Next up, games console :P?

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                          • Jun 2002

Ask and you shall receive.
                          Attached Files
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                            • Aug 2000

Yeah, I guess if you want a simple browser with no features then Chrome will be the browser for you. Will probably be nice if its adapted to mobile devices but I want more from my web experience than those screenshots provide. I want Cool Iris/Piclens functionality. I want to right-click an address and get driving directions immediately. I want to right-click a phone number and place a phone call. I want to IM my friends and family directly from my browser without external software. And a lot more.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

Balls, linux and mac have to wait, and here I was hoping I wouldn't have to run Windows today on my mac haha.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...