X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

WTC take two

I can't post in the other thread so here goes...

Just some updates...

There was no crash at Camp David.

There was no car bomb at the State Dep't in D.C.

There are still 50 civilian planes in the air but they are all expected to land within the next 30 to 50 minutes.

All Disney parks are closed.

All baseball games (Major Leauge) are cancelled until further notice.

US Navy Jet Fighters are circling over NYC & the Hudson River.

Just now they're saying Bush is on the move from Barksdale AFB, destination unknown.

Facts about WTC: 50,000 people work in the two towers of the WTC. 110 floors each. 43,000 windows. 1,350 feet tall.

A third building is on fire in NYC, and they are clearing people from the area because of fear it might collapse/explode/do something.

Just some flight numbers for those who want them:
    American Airlines flight 11 from Boston (Logan Int'l) to LAX, 92 people on board. Assumed to be first plane into WTC
    American Airlines flight 77 from Dulles (Int'l, near D.C.) to LAX, 64 people on board. Second plane into WTC.
    United Airlines flight 175 (Boeing 767) from Boston (Logan Int'l) to LAX, 65 people on board. Assumed that this is the one that crashed into the Pentagon, although not confirmed.
    United Airlines flight 93 (Boeing 757) from Newark (NJ) Int'l to San Francisco, crashed 80 miles SE of Pittsburgh, 45 people on board. Not confirmed that this is even related, however there are also reports that it was shot down (unconfirmed).

Timeline:
    8:42 a.m. ET First plane slams into the north tower of the World Trade Center
    9:00 a.m.ET Approximately 18 minutes later, a second plane slams into the south tower of the World Trade Center.
    The planes are later identified as American Airlines Flight 11, a Boeing 767 with 81 passengers, nine flight attendants and two pilots, hijacked after takeoff from Boston en route to Los Angeles, and American Airlines Flight 77, a Boeing 757 en route from Dulles Airport near Washington, carrying 58 passengers, four flight attendants and two pilots.
    9:24 a.m. ET Bush calls today’s plane crashes at the World Trade Center "an apparent terrorist attack on our country."
    9:32 a.m. ET Stock Exchange closed
    9:35 a.m. ET An aircraft crashes on a helicopter landing pad near the Pentagon. A portion of one side of the five-sided structure collapses
    9:50 a.m.ET The first tower, One World Trade Center, collapses in a plume of ash and debris.
    10:05 a.m.ET The White House is evacuated.
    10:30 a.m.ET Two World Trade Center, the second tower collapses.
    10:29 a.m. ET United Airlines Flight 93, a Boeing 757 en route from Newark, N.J., to San Francisco, crashes just north of the Somerset County Airport, about 80 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. The plane was carrying 38 passengers, two pilots and five flight attendants.
    The FAA order the entire nationwide air traffic system shut down.
    American Airlines expresses concern about the fate of another plane, Flight 175, a Boeing 767 bound from Boston to Los Angeles.
    12:00 p.m. E.T. The border between the United States and Mexico is sealed
  • Cloughie
    • Feb 2001

sick.. truly sick..

A lot of innocent people lost their lives today.

I hope the US and the rest of the world bomb the shiat out of those bastards....

Truly unbelievable..
    www.wannabebig.com
    www.wannabebigforums.com
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

Once again I can't post in the other thread, so here's a quote of what I'm responding to...

from rockergrrl...
      Not even 3 weeks ago, someone in Yugoslavia interviewed Bin Laden, and he said (paraphrasing because I dont know the exact workding, "The US is going to under go a chastrophic (can't spell) attack..." (paraphrasing remember...I can't remember what NBC said exactly...)
      They're saying Bin Laden is the only one who could've pulled this off. Between the money required and the coordination there is basically no one else, and he's proved in the past with the embassy bombings, etc. They think he's in Afghanistan. The Taliban held a press conference via video-phone...basically to save their asses from getting wiped off the face of the planet.

Just hearing that the plane that went down near Pittsburgh was the largest of the four highjacked and it is now looking like it was headed towards a much larger much more visible target, even more visible than the WTC in NYC...and it was probably supposed to be the "icing on the cake" as it were, as the final part of the attacks.

Comment

• Mark Hensler
        • Feb 2001

I heard that that fourth plane was possibly heading towards the White House.

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Apr 2000
          • 3.6.x

I've also heard that it was going for the Capitol building... (Thankfully it didn't actually get there, but my prayers go out to all who were lost in this tragedy.)

Comment

• JB007
            • Jan 2001

Hi, I'd like to make one statement:
            Ben Ladin does not represent Islam rules and concepts at all. He's a mad man who's looking to become a hero in the name of Islam and Jihad. Islam does not allow the killing of innocent people.
            In my opinion, this tragedy is a result of U.S Policy in the middle east which drove mad and sick people like Ben Ladin to do such a horrible thing.

Comment

• Chen
              • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Max Albert
              I heard that that fourth plane was possibly heading towards the White House.
              I heard that a passenger on board called the authorities, in order to warn them, and that's why the terrorists crashed it in Pittsburgh.
              Chen Avinadav
              Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• VAN
                • Feb 2001

Hate to be the sole "conspiracy theorist" here, but I have heard this posed elsehwere, and frankly, I believe it is quite possible.....

The 3rd plane was the largest, and appeared to have been headed for a highly populated, high profile political target. The first 2 planes found their mark with deadly accuracy.....so why did the 3rd one "luckily" crash into a very rural, sparsely poplated area of Pennsylvania?

One possiblity is that by this time, the US Goverment was aware of the situation since they received that cellphone call from a passenger notifying them of the planes hijacking, and to avoid further catastrophe, made the difficult decision to shoot it down. We couldnt possibly remove the target from the equation, but could have very easily removed the possibility of the crash by removing the plane.

True? Who knows. If it is, I'd have to say that it would have been an extremely difficult decision, yet was the only possible solution to avoid further loss of life.

Again, this is just an OPINION, and a THEORY. Don't anyone go quoting me or anything.

My thoughts are with all of the affected individuals and their families.

Comment

• Chen
                  • Jun 2001

Several news agencies reported that the third plane, crashed in Pittsburgh, was intercepted...
                  Chen Avinadav
                  Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• vBRox
                    • Aug 2001

Originally posted by JB007

In my opinion, this tragedy is a result of U.S Policy in the middle east which drove mad and sick people like Ben Ladin to do such a horrible thing.
                    You can't pin one gram of the blame for this terrible tragedy on anyone but the sick people who performed it. They are totally and completely to blame and responsible for their own actions. Many thousands of innocent lives were lost who had nothing to do with U.S. policy in any country.

It was a supremely cowardly act to kill innocent lives. We'll see how they loyal they are to Bin Laden in the next few weeks.
                    Last edited by vBRox; Tue 11 Sep '01, 11:21am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

Hi, I'd like to make one statement:
                      Ben Ladin does not represent Islam rules and concepts at all.
                      While I understand this on an intellectual level, it's still very distressing to watch crowds of Palestinians celebrating this tragic loss of innocent life. I have a very difficult time understanding the mentality of people like that.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• orca
                        • Mar 2001
                        • 5.5.x

You know what made me sick? I saw on TV how palastinian people danced in the streets after this attack.
                        It's one thing to be against a nation or politics, but if innocent people die and you dance...well....
                        I'm not against arabs, muslims, jewish people. For me, everyone's the same.
                        I just can't understand persons who can do things like this and those who can have joy about it...
                        Ueli

Comment

• JB007
                          • Jan 2001

Steve, If I were you .. I'd exactly feel the same.
                          This is not related to Islam, this is a normal reactio by people who are facing death everyday because of the unfair U.S Policy.
                          They're not happy because others died. They're happy because American people finally knew the meaning of terrorism and fear which they ( palastinain people ) live everyday since the invasion of their country in 1947. So this will lead u.s people to demand fair policy from their government to all other small nations in order to prevent such a tragedy from happing again.

Comment

• RobAC
                            • Jan 2001
                            • 3.8.x

Steve, If I were you .. I'd exactly feel the same.
                            This is not related to Islam, this is a normal reactio by people who are facing death everyday because of the unfair U.S Policy.
                            They're not happy because others died. They're happy because American people finally knew the meaning of terrorism and fear which they ( palastinain people ) live everyday since the invasion of their country in 1947. So this will lead u.s people to demand fair policy from their government to all other small nations in order to prevent such a tragedy from happing again.
                            Ok....so help me understand this....what you're saying....in a nutshell, is a nation of people are rejoicing in the streets at the fact that America now knows what they have to face every day....due to policys that we impose? I fail to buy it. Sorry....
                            Rob

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              Former Customer Support Manager
                              • Jul 2000

JB007,

There are so many inaccuracies and fallacies in your post that it's clear that nothing I could say would make the slightest bit of difference to you.

Sorry, but like Rob I fail to buy this excuse.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...