• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

Computer Chat 3G iPhone

So.... who's got one?

I got mine this morning when they went on sale after queuing for just over 2 hours waiting for them to be on sale and the store to open.
  • Kier
    Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
    • Sep 2000

Updated my current iPhone to firmware 2.0 last night.

DHL attempted delivery of my 3G phone this morning but ran away before I got to the door. Now I have to drive across town to pick it up after 5pm this evening (nightmare) or wait until Monday. Great.

The thing I was looking forward to most with 2.0 was the full Exchange support. Which so far, has failed to work at all for me.

Comment

• peterska2
      • Oct 2003
      • 3.7.x

Gutted about the delivery - thats why I went for the go to town and get it approach. There were more people in the queue than iPhones though and to add to the fun O2's systems all went down as they started selling them. I expected that though because the same happened when the original iPhone was released.

Comment

• Kier
        • Sep 2000

Looks like James did the same as you and came away with an 8GB model this morning.

Comment

• Andy Huang
          • Feb 2004

My provider haven't officially come clean as to whether or not pre-paid users like me will be able to pay extra money for iPhone or not yet... Not too keen on locking myself down for 3 years contract (@#$%ing Canadian providers), so I might be in for some wait :/
          Best Regards,
          Andy Huang

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Kier
            Looks like James did the same as you and came away with an 8GB model this morning.
            Cool I went for the 16GB model. The only problem is that it doesn't come with a dock like the older one did and it is slightly bigger so it doesn't fit in the old dock so you have to plug in the wire instead. It's not a big issue, but it is frustrating as I know I'll lose it every so often because it wont be where I expect it to be.

Comment

• Andy Huang
              • Feb 2004

Did you got the white one or the black one KA? I want the white 16G, but I'm sure by the time its my turn to get it, they'll probably already be sold out >_<
              Best Regards,
              Andy Huang

Comment

• peterska2
                • Oct 2003
                • 3.7.x

I got the black one. They didn't have any white ones and I wanted the black one anyway.

I was lucky I was right at the front of the queue (3rd in line) because they didn't have enough for the people that were queuing.

Comment

• Kier
                  • Sep 2000

I don't think the UK has any white stock.

Mine is (or will be when I extract it from the speedy DHL driver) a black 16GB.

Scott is so gutted that he has to be on a plane rather than waiting in a queue outside an O2 shop

Comment

• Dean C
                    • Mar 2002
                    • 3.5.x

I'm waiting to see what O2's 3G coverage is like, because the EDGE coverage isn't that great on the v1 i have at the moment, to be honest. Also, I want to see some reviews trickle in for how well the GPS actually works
                    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                      • Aug 2005
                      • 3.5.x

I got my iphone through the post this morning, I found the unboxing video too.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• feldon23
                        • Nov 2001
                        • 3.7.x

Got my 16GB 3G iPhone this morning. No luck on activating it yet. Seems a nationwide U.S. problem with Apple iTunes Servers.

Comment

• feldon23
                          • Nov 2001
                          • 3.7.x

Classic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone_activations_nomore.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	3671549

Comment

• feldon23
                            • Nov 2001
                            • 3.7.x

Here's a workaround:
                            The page you tried was not found. You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly.

Worldwide iPhone 3G Activation Apocalypse
                            Last edited by feldon23; Fri 11 Jul '08, 10:18am.

Comment

• Radon3k
                              • Nov 2001

I'll be getting one at some point in the near future. I'm more excited about the 2.0 firmware than I am about the 3G iPhone though the GPS will be nice. Does the GPS work now or are we waiting on the software for it (TeleNav or AT&T Navigator)? I signed up for the 60 day trial of MobileMe and I expect that once they get the initial issues worked out that it'll do everything as it's supposed to. The push support is the biggest thing I'm looking forward to and if it works properly, I'll most likely pay the $99/year for it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...