Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • someuser190826
    • Oct 2002
    • 4.0.x

Computer Chat Computer Music Production anyone?

Anyone interested in producing music on their computers? Be it through feeds from instruments recorded into your computer or just a midi-keyboard to synthesize different instruments.

I have been into it for awhile, so far my production unit a used Roland Midi Keyboard and my macbook pro, but just invested in a new Power Mac. I am planning on investing in some more hardware within the week (control boards, receivers, etc).

Anyone interested in this kinda thing?
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

I have a Mac Pro with still the default sound card.
    I plug my guitar directly into the input on that card
    And I use garageband for quick fun testing and wasting time
    and I use Logic Studio to professionally (try) to record the raw material and work with it then.

I am certainly not a professional guitarist, but do enjoy recording, making the loops, playing along, trying things out, etc.

I wish to buy a more professional mix board and good video card and work on removing any latency as much as posible. And perhaps get studio speakers in the future.

For now, this will do just fine.

Comment

• Chousho
      • Jan 2004
      • 3.8.x

I wish I had someone around here who could show me how to do the more interesting things. I dabble around with Audition, Ardour and Rose Garden but need to spend some more time to get the hang of creating. For the most part I just make loops and mix samples. I'd love to get into it even more. Radio shack had a couple midi to USB cables that I bought, so maybe this summer ;D

Also, I'd love to get further into DJing. If I get the money, I'd love to splurge on a Technics 1210.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...