Anyone else sufferin from The Planet's outage?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • falconking
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.6.x

Anyone else sufferin from The Planet's outage?!

Let's mourn our luck here!

Our servers been down now for almost a day, without any estimates from them on when they will be up again. That really sucks
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

These servers are on The Planet.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• falconking
      • Sep 2006
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      These servers are on The Planet.

Comment

• Chazel
        • Nov 2007

Their servers must be in a different data center. As soon as I read that thread I checked vbulletin.com, and to my amazement this site was up and running.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

Seems like they are working on the issue and keeping their customers advised within that thread. It is probably the best source of information that you have available.

Hopefully they'll get you back online as soon as possible. They probably have to wait for the electrical utility, building inspectors and fire department to say that it is safe to turn the power back on. Which unfortunately won't be until tomorrow most likely.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• falconking
            • Sep 2006
            • 3.6.x

Thanx, Wayne for sympathizing! Here are some links for those who would like to read about it:

Data Center Knowledge is the leading source of news, analysis, and expertise for data center industry professionals covering data center design and strategy

News: The Planet is a dedicated server hosting provider which operates six large data centers in Texas. One of their Houston-based data centers suffered from a fire last night which

And BTW, their extremely-slow unofficial board here, just gives the best suggestion for them to change to vBulletin, instead, looool!!!

Comment

• DirtyHarry
              • Feb 2004
              • 3.8.x

Our servers are in DC1, unfortunately, and so are the servers of two of our customers we were working with during the weekend. Guess this shows how many websites are actually being hosted in that DC!
              CarlitoBrigante on vb.org - MagnetiCat.com
              Professional vBulletin development, support, upgrades

Comment

• flynnibus
                • Aug 2005

Complete cluster____ is what this has been. 30hrs and counting.

This exposed so many efficiencies in how they operate. From poor DNS design, to lack of resliency in their customer portal, to support failures.

Their phones and everything were dropped because of this. They have some serious work to do even once they get the lights back on.

If you haven't moved your services already for temporary at least - get started now. We at least got a park page up on another host so our users see SOMETHING

Comment

• copiertalk
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3.7.x

That is alot of problems.

Was it actually their data center? It looks like EV1 and Hostgator also use the same datacenter.

Sorry for the noob questions, I am kind of new to the server and data center stuff.
                  www.Copiertalk.com - Everything Copier , Printer, Fax

Comment

• Mike Warner
                    • Jun 2001
                    • 4.0.x

Mine is down too.

Can't really have a go at them though, it is a freak accident and I'm sure they are working flat out trying to fix the problem. You can't account for all possible problems that may occur, this being one of those.

Good luck to the The Planet team in getting this sorted asap, they have my support even as a customer with no website for time being.
                    Mike Warner
                    MIGWeb - a Vauxhall Site for Enthusiasts of all Vauxhalls

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

vB and my own sites appear in good shape. WFEW

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 3.8.x

1 of the (very large) boards that i help maintaining suffered from this. The server is not located in this DC, but it seems our DNs-servers where .

Moved to different DNS-servers and board back online (once propagated around the world).
                        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• falconking
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 3.6.x

Thanx for ur responses, folks. They have given us a new link for updates which is much faster than their Invasion Power forums:

They claim to have 90% of the servers up and working on the remaining 10%.
                          But why does my luck always come last mine is in that 10% and is still down

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            • Aug 2000

When your server is up, make sure to run a repair on your database as soon as possible. Myisam tables don't respond well to sudden shutdowns.

Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                              • Sep 2001

I'm not affected by this but I've checked in a few times and it looks like they are doing a good job communicating status. I'm glad they moved to a static HTML page because their invision powered forums were timing out when trying to load.
                              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...