Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Whhaaa? No group photo?
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
      • Nov 2004
      • 3.8.x

No camera.
      Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
      Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.6.x

It was a good time, though it was a small gathering. With Marco not being from A'dam, I know it was a challenge for him to figure out a venue that would work well. Grover or renep might have some other ideas if this happens again in the future.

It's always a good time meeting customers face-to-face. It's a completely different dynamic than online.

While we're (we=Jelsoft'ers) not in A'dam very often, London's not a huge trek. Makes me wonder if people might be interested in doing a meetup there some time. (No commitments yet!)

Comment

• Dean C
          • Mar 2002
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan
          It was a good time, though it was a small gathering. With Marco not being from A'dam, I know it was a challenge for him to figure out a venue that would work well. Grover or renep might have some other ideas if this happens again in the future.

It's always a good time meeting customers face-to-face. It's a completely different dynamic than online.

While we're (we=Jelsoft'ers) not in A'dam very often, London's not a huge trek. Makes me wonder if people might be interested in doing a meetup there some time. (No commitments yet!)
          Why not do Birmingham. It's far more central and accesible for UK customers. Most of Europe flies straight to BHX airport too.
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Grover
            • May 2001
            • 3.8.x

Do this again!

I really had a great time. It was rather exciting driving 1,5 hours from where I live to Amsterdam (I even borrowed the Garmin Nüvi from my dad ... since I don't own a car navigation device yet... because I am waiting for the iPhone 3G to be available in The Netherlands and Tomtom to provide their software for it ... bladiebladiebla), driving through central Amsterdam, find a parking spot (I paid 38,00 euros for that evening!) and then find the hotel/restaurant Marco PM-ed at the very last minute.... Only to find out no-one was there...

Thank God I had Marco's cellphone number, otherwise it would have been a very lonely evening...hehehe. It appeared Marco and his gang where having pizza just around the corner and I was picked up from the hotel/restaurant immediately by Marco. At the pizzaplace I met 2 hungry developers : Scott and Mike. I already met Scott very briefly at the Internet World exhibition in London this year where he (amongst others) represented Jelsoft. This time he didn't said a word to me (well he did bravely try to speak some dutch words, didn't he?), because obviously he had fairly enough of the nagging and whining about iDeal and the anticipated CMS, hahaha : I'm just kidding.

Anyway, 3 employees of Jelsoft where present : Marco, Scott and Mike. 3 other blokes from the PHP conference came along to eat pizza and there were only 2 Jelsoft customers there : Renep (who has provided the Dutch vBulletin community with his great, professional Dutch language pack) and myself.

It was really nice to meet and speak to Marco, Mike and Renep for the first time. One of the first things I realised was that meeting people in real life gives you an complete different impression of a person, compared to how someone comes accross on a digital forum. I am a good example of that myself...hahaha.

Anyway, this idea of Marco to meet up with customers is great. I hope more dates will follow and more Dutch customers will attend, so we can share our ideas and opinions about the great vBulletin and have a 'ranja' at the same time...

'till next time, Marco!
            How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
              • Nov 2004
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Grover
              At the pizzaplace I met 2 hungry developers : Scott and Mike.
              Nothing special about Scott, he is always hungry.
              I already met Scott very briefly at the Internet World exhibition in London this year where he (amongst others) represented Jelsoft. This time he didn't said a word to me
              Scott won't talk during dinner, he takes his food very serious.
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                • Jun 2002

Floris? You weren't present?
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                  Floris? You weren't present?
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Dean C
                    • Mar 2002
                    • 3.5.x

What is this iDeal you keep going on about Grover ?

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Dean C
                      To keep it simple; PayPal

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 3.8.x

Wouldn't compare it with PayPal. It is a system designed (and operated) by a group of the largest banks in the Netherlands for online payments directly out of your bankaccount.

Comment

• Dean C
                          • Mar 2002
                          • 3.5.x

Then surely it would not be hard for someone to create a PaymentProcessor for it ?

Comment

• Grover
                            • May 2001
                            • 3.8.x

Then surely it would not be hard for someone to create a PaymentProcessor for it ?
                            Please use Paid Subscriptions Features for discussing iDeal for vBulletin. Otherwise this is gonna be another thread about the fantastic iDeal...
                            How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

• King Kovifor
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 3.7.x

because I am waiting for the iPhone 3G to be available in The Netherlands and Tomtom to provide their software for it
                              Sorry to be a completely off topic post, but don't get your hopes up on that! Apple updated the license agreement for the SDK that removes the ability for anyone to create GPS systems on the iPhone 3G.

OK, back on topic! lol.

Comment

• renep
                                • Aug 2005
                                • 3.8.x

Please use Paid Subscriptions Features for discussing iDeal for vBulletin.
                                See, that's your problem! After all those years of intense lobbying, there's still no thread about iDeal on this forum Even Google misdirects us to chit chat about the price of a blog addon
                                "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
                                - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...