• Show
Clear All
  • Grover
    • May 2001
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Floris
    First post: Sun 25th May '08

That's 20 days in advance.
    That's true, but not everybody reads the Chit Chat forum. Just by coincidentally browsing this forum I discovered this thread myself actually.

Since I can imagine more Dutch people are not aware of it I decided to send a PM to all members of the Dutch iDeal Social Group today. Things like this need to be promoted...
    How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

It's not an official vBulletin gathering. So there's no need for Marco to promote it any further than making a thread in the chit chat forum.

Comment

• Mephisteus
        • Aug 2002
        • 3.7.x

It was well on time then, but since there's still a lack of concrete plans it's a bit short notice now. I know I'm not going to plan my saturday evening based on a "it might be a fun idea to".

Sorry Marco, but I'm afraid I won't be able to make it, so much stuff to do it's not even funny anymore (that, and a mere evening is a bit short to make it worth for me to travel to Amsterdam. Ahwell).

Fun idea though, I've wanted something like this for a while now
        A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

• Grover
          • May 2001
          • 3.8.x

It's not an official vBulletin gathering. So there's no need for Marco to promote it any further than making a thread in the chit chat forum.
          I was not addressing to him, Floris. I just stated -including a smiley- that promoting would be good, so I did that. This helps people noticing this thread. That's why the last posters are chiming in now, because of the PM I send.

Next to that, we still need a time and place. Makes planning a lot easier

Comment

• Grover
            • May 2001
            • 3.8.x

Marco,

I don't want to be nagging , but I just received a PM from a dutch customer (in reaction to my PM) that he's not coming because (amongst other reasons) of his impression that only 2 (?) members are coming. I was wondering the same : how many people are coming, in other words : does this event even take place with this apparent lack of interest?

And how are we supposed to plan anything if there's no information concerning the actual place in A'dam and the definitive time? I'm sorry, but this makes it impossible for me to plan this properly. There's only 2 days left.

Comment

• djr
              • Sep 2001
              • 3.6.x

I think it's best to just reschedule this for a later date. Again, I'd love to meet my fellow Dutch vB owners, but I'd rather like a big party instead of only 5-6 people. If Marco needs help in organizing I love to offer my (limited) time.
              - highly ill, but always intelligent -

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Grover
                Marco,

I don't want to be nagging , but I just received a PM from a dutch customer (in reaction to my PM) that he's not coming because (amongst other reasons) of his impression that only 2 (?) members are coming. I was wondering the same : how many people are coming, in other words : does this event even take place with this apparent lack of interest?

And how are we supposed to plan anything if there's no information concerning the actual place in A'dam and the definitive time? I'm sorry, but this makes it impossible for me to plan this properly. There's only 2 days left.
                i think it will take part regardless, with vb members there or not.

Comment

• Grover
                  • May 2001
                  • 3.8.x

i think it will take part regardless, with vb members there or not.
                  Aha, well then it would have been handy if this was made clear from the start. Tomorrow is the 14th and I think this idea of a dutch meeting is great, so I am enthusiastic to attend. But I don't know if I can make it now, because we have not received information on the location and definitive time.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 3.8.x

I did try to sent out an email to all that showed interest a few days ago, but i found that sitting in my "Concepts" folder and it was never sent.

I have again sent the details by PM to everyone now.
                    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• MrNase
                      • Jun 2003
                      • 3.8.x

Thanks for your PM - unfortunately I can't be there.
                      That's the end of that!

Comment

• Grover
                        • May 2001
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Grover
                        Amazingly... it turns out that I already have a '80/'90 party that night in A'dam! I was about to go to this party in De Melkweg (The Milky Way ): every second saterday of the month they play those loveable '80/90's hits. If I go there, I have to be there at 23:00.
                        It turns out that The Milky Way is just around the corner of the place where the Dutch vB meeting is being held. So... I will be there!

Comment

• Floris
                          • Dec 2001

Have a great time everybody. Don't smoke too much

Comment

• renep
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 3.8.x

We had a great time last night. I particularly enjoyed the 10 minutes that we actually got to speak Dutch We pushed hard and even tried a tequilla slammer (with scotch I think), but Mike and Scott stood firm and refused to lay out the plans for vB4 or make a commitment on iDeal

Marco proved himself an excellent representative: all vBulletin customers still present at midnight received this wonderful souvenir
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0260.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	3671472
                            "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
                            - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

The English drink a lot more than us Dutch guys, you need at least 3 hours of shots in order to get info out of them.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                                • Nov 2004
                                • 3.8.x

The English drink a lot more than us Dutch guys, you need at least 3 hours of shots in order to get info out of them.
                                Or just wait until 11PM.

@renep
                                Good to hear that even though we had a very small group you still enjoyed it and found it a usefull evening. Enjoy the pen.
                                Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                                Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...