X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Creepshow
    • May 2005
    • 3.5.x

Way Off-Topic Do you believe in God?

First, let me ask everyone not to belittle other's religious views in this thread. I thought it would be really quite interesting to find out how many vBulletin.com users are religious, and how many are not.

Please do refrain from any arguments as this will only get the thread closed. A civil conversation on the subject, I feel, could really be interesting.

Anyway...

I personally don't beleive in God, but I DO beleive in human kindness and goodwill towards your fellow man (and animals, for that matter), and I personally feel that IF there is an afterlife, you have nothing to worry about regardless of your religious belief as long as you tried to live the very best life you could, and showed as much kindness and compassion as possible.

That's me anyway, what about you?

Remember, please don't use this thread to argue or belittle other's beliefs, lets keep it civil. It would be a shame to have an interesting conversation closed.
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!
  • Vtec44
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.7.x

This is a loaded question, so I do apologize in advance if I unintentionally offend anyone.

If by God you mean the current religions, then no I don't believe in what has been written down by human. It is only as accurate as those who wrote it. Unless there are some major changes, I believe that religion is our own interpretation of what is suppose to be God, nothing more.
    So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• Tolitz
      • Dec 2000

I'm agnostic ... I think these two quotes best describe my way of looking at God.

Is there a supernatural power—an arbitrary mind—an enthroned God—a supreme will that sways the tides and currents of the world—to which all causes bow? I do not deny. I do not know—but I do not believe. I believe that the natural is supreme—that from the infinite chain no link can be lost or broken—that there is no supernatural power that can answer prayer—no power that worship can persuade or change—no power that cares for man.

I believe that with infinite arms Nature embraces the all—that there is no interference—no chance—that behind every event are the necessary and countless causes, and that beyond every event will be and must be the necessary and countless effects.

Is there a God? I do not know. Is man immortal? I do not know. One thing I do know, and that is, that neither hope, nor fear, belief, nor denial, can change the fact. It is as it is, and it will be as it must be.

We can be as honest as we are ignorant. If we are, when asked what is beyond the horizon of the known, we must say that we do not know.

- Robert Ingersoll
      An agnostic thinks it impossible to know the truth in matters such as God and the future life with which Christianity and other religions are concerned. Or, if not impossible, at least impossible at the present time.

I think that if I heard a voice from the sky predicting all that was going to happen to me during the next twenty-four hours, including events that would have seemed highly improbable, and if all these events then produced to happen, I might perhaps be convinced at least of the existence of some superhuman intelligence.

- Bertrand Russell
      And that's all I have to say on the matter... my apologies to anyone offended...

- T
      Last edited by Tolitz; Wed 14 May '08, 9:42am. Reason: Added relevant quotes...
      OPEN TECH SUPPORT
      "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

I don't believe this is the correct place for such a topic, and I would rather not see the thread be degraded either.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...