Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpunkz
    • Mar 2008

Dissecting Online marketing, Cheap tactics

here are some very basic general tips for you guys to help your sites grow. Personally I have had major impacts on the growth rate and development of my site with some free or cheap tactics.

things you should be considering to maximize traffic, limiting spending.

you tube channel - the big daddy of free video sharing.. a good source of my traffic comes from here with my videos i post, basically using them for advertising my site. IMO its the best source of free advertising out there... I have about 11 videos right now that have gotten between 1,500 - 5,000 views.....

My space video... my secret weapon... everyone is all about youtube obviously.... you tube makes up for about 42% of the traffic of video sharing sites. Myspace is in second with about 25% If you think about that thats still a big chunk of people to try and reach for free... especially when you already spent time making videos, why not share it else where? Keep in mind tho i dont think any other video sharing sites are worth it..possibly yahoo, who is the 3rd biggest free video share site. But remember alot of these sites are actully affiliated with each other, so for example when you advertise on you tube, your really advertising on about 10 different video share sites.

Exploit your competition. You see everyone coming out with a gaming sites, some are huge, some are small. Pay attention to the site rules of website forums and community's. some of them will tell you that any links or advertising to benefit your self will be a permanent ban.. other will tell you that advertising/spamming is not allowed but links in your signature are ok.

Google abword even though cost money, it's still something to look into... put it this way i spent $15 mostly as just a test to see what adword was all about, and i ended up getting the full amount of visitors at only between 10 cents and 12 cents a click. Remember... it's not like google does not want your money... although i must admit google adword is one of the biggest online marketing mystery's ever.. truthfully theres no definement at all.

Whether your selling paper clips, or your a community about teenage drinking, your going to have fans! It will not hurt to post a sticky somewhere saying support XXXXX by using this as your sig at other sites, or w/e it is you want our fans to think about doing to help you and your site grow... I was always skeptical about doing this cuz i never wanted anything or expected anything from my members.. but I think you might be surprised what people will do.

well hopefully this can at least help some one out there, and if you got any other ideas for free online marketing tactics please share. I'f i missed anything ill be sure to add it!
    NBA 2K12
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...