• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manutdvn
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.5.x

How can I write invitation letter?

Hello guys,

My boss ask me to write a invitation letter to invite customer come to our booth at Exibition center. But I do not know how to write in formal form and I am not native speaker. Can you guys edit for me the following:

Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you very much for usually giving special kindness. We would like to inform you that our company is putting up a booth at “The 17th software development Expo (SODEC)" held in the Higashi exhibition building (East 15-1)” to answer various needs that relate to customer's business system development. Your esteemed presence would be an honor for us.

Date: May 14 (Wed.), 15 (Thu.), 16 (Fri.), 2008
    10:00 - 18:00 (10:00-17:00 on May 16)
    Thank you very much.
  • Chousho
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.8.x

どうぞ~
    ManUtdが好きですか。私も!
    I'll take a look at it to see what can be improved.

Dear Sirs and Mesdames,
    We would like to extend an invitation to visit our company at the seventeenth "Software Development Expo" (SODEC), which will be held in the Higashi exhibition building (East 15-1). Those interested in customer's business system development or have questions related to this subject should especially visit, where we will be happy to give answers to any questions.
    Please do us the honor of attending our booth. Thank you for your kindness and generosity, we look forward to seeing you there.

Date: 2008 May 14 - 15 (10:00 - 18:00), May 16 (10:00-17:00)
    Venue: Tokyo International Exhibition Center (Tokyo Big Sight), Tokyo, Japan
    A note: While I know Japanese days are usually written with their first kanji (ie: 火 for Tuesday, 土 for Saturday, etc) to my knowledge, most Western don't necessarily include the abbreviation of the day if the actual date is given. That is, it would usually be something along the lines of 16-05-2008 or 05/16/2008 (for us Yanks, haha). If the day is given, it would be "Friday, 16 May, 2008" more or less.
    One last note: it says 17th~ Expo. Is this the 17th annual? If it's a yearly occurrence then adding "annual" after the year for events seems to flow a bit better. "We would like to extend an invitation to visit our company at the seventeenth annual ~".
    Lastly, I repeated the location below for people to quickly reference again.

I hope this helps~ I tried to add more information so you see why certain things I worded were done ^^.

Comment

• manutdvn
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Chousho
      どうぞ~
      ManUtdが好きですか。私も!
      I'll take a look at it to see what can be improved.

A note: While I know Japanese days are usually written with their first kanji (ie: 火 for Tuesday, 土 for Saturday, etc) to my knowledge, most Western don't necessarily include the abbreviation of the day if the actual date is given. That is, it would usually be something along the lines of 16-05-2008 or 05/16/2008 (for us Yanks, haha). If the day is given, it would be "Friday, 16 May, 2008" more or less.
      One last note: it says 17th~ Expo. Is this the 17th annual? If it's a yearly occurrence then adding "annual" after the year for events seems to flow a bit better. "We would like to extend an invitation to visit our company at the seventeenth annual ~".
      Lastly, I repeated the location below for people to quickly reference again.

I hope this helps~ I tried to add more information so you see why certain things I worded were done ^^.
      どうも ありがとうございました. そうです。MUがだいすきですね。

Well, I think it is not so easy for even native speaker, ins't it? Are you working with Japanese? By the way, I am not Japanese, just work in here

Comment

• Chousho
        • Jan 2004
        • 3.8.x

Ahh, it might help that I'm taking classes in public relations and business communications, then. I have to learn the best wording to use for any sort of public output.

Yeah, I took Japanese a few semesters ago and want to continue after I finish my comp sci courses

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...