Okay, before I tear open DOOM 3's shrinkwrap...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Creepshow
    • May 2005
    • 3.5.x

Okay, before I tear open DOOM 3's shrinkwrap...

I need to know my PC can definitely handle it. Here are my specs: http://www.advancetec.co.uk/cgi-bin/...0710#a07060710
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

That page won't load for me.

But, the doom3 package says the min requirements. If your specs meet that, you're good.

Comment

• Creepshow
      • May 2005
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Floris
      That page won't load for me.

But, the doom3 package says the min requirements. If your specs meet that, you're good.
      * Asus P5N-E SLi nForce 650 Motherboard * Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz * Corsair® 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C4 TwinX (2x1GB) * BFG GeForce 768MB 8800GTX OC Graphics Card * 500GB 7200, SATAII Hard Disk Drive * 18x Dual Layer DVD±RW Drive * Corsair 620W HX Series Modular SLi PSU
      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

As Floris said, the Doom 3 box should have its minimum and recommended requirements in plain view. Not sure if the packaging is different but here in the United States, these are printed on the bottom flap of the packaging if its cardboard and bottom-rear if its the plastic CD/DVD cases.

That being said, your setup shouldn't have any problems running most newer games let alone one that was released 3 and a half years ago.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Creepshow
          • May 2005
          • 3.5.x

Alright, thanks.

Comment

• MidnightPyro
            • Dec 2001
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Creepshow
            * Asus P5N-E SLi nForce 650 Motherboard * Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz * Corsair® 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C4 TwinX (2x1GB) * BFG GeForce 768MB 8800GTX OC Graphics Card * 500GB 7200, SATAII Hard Disk Drive * 18x Dual Layer DVD±RW Drive * Corsair 620W HX Series Modular SLi PSU

I don't think there's many games at all you'd have trouble with

Comment

• Creepshow
              • May 2005
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by MidnightPyro
              I don't think there's many games at all you'd have trouble with
              *my best Cartman voice* Sweeeeet.

Comment

• KeithMcL
                • Jun 2000
                • 3.6.x

Check your system requirements. Can I Run it? Test your specs and rate your gamimg PC.

Comment

• MidnightPyro
                  • Dec 2001
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by KeithMcL
                  That site is actually really cool, but in some ways depressing. Just makes me that much more aware of how much hardware devalues over time, heh.

Comment

• Dean C
                    • Mar 2002
                    • 3.5.x

You should be able to play it on ultra-high. I can play it on max settings with little problems and my hardware is older and less powerful than yours. The only real bottleneck I can see is maybe the processor and the RAM. GPU offsets a lot of stuff to memory these days so the more GPU power you have, the more memory you'll need But DOOM3 is fairly old, and your system should handle it nps.
                    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Creepshow
                      • May 2005
                      • 3.5.x

Cool thanks for the info, Dean.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...