X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Me2Be
    Lady Moderator
    • Jun 2000

Mailing List Programs

Does anyone know of any strong newsletter mailing list programs that can be run from my own server? I currently use perl-based SubscribeMePro but with 200,000 newsletter subscribers, it always seems to crash and I lose a good portion of the data (thank goodness for backups). The SubscribeMePro people say that they have customers "larger than us" and have no problems like I do, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

Does anyone have a product they know or can recommend for me to use? Can be php, perl, mysql ==

thanks!
  • AaronD
    • Aug 2000

IMHO, the best-of-industry is Lyris. It's built to handle large lists, and it works well for us (we're at 240k subs) but it needs a LOT of RAM, unfortunately...

Comment

• Stallion
      • Apr 2000

I've heard Bad Things abour sharing a list-serv and a website on the same machine.

In any case, is the list in question one or two way? If you're just mailing out, then it shouldn't be a problem -- but if users are responding as well, then you should probably use a dedicated junk machine (low specs, but just so it doesn't have any other tasks to compete with).

Comment

• AaronD
        • Aug 2000

Hell yeah. I also recommend that, but since that money tree in my backyard hasn't been putting out... I've got mine all on the one server.

I do agree though, if you've got the mulah, split up your load.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...