X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MidnightPyro
    • Dec 2001
    • 3.5.x

Tendinitis (or carpal tunnel)?

I hope an audience of geeks like myself is a good place to ask this Recently, I had some problems with my wrist. Went to the regular doctor, he thought it was just a sprain. Went to an orthopedic doctor, he said I had tendinitis, but it wasn't horribly bad. X-rays didn't turn up anything, so he was relatively sure this is what it was.

A large bottle of anti-inflammatory medication later, he said ideally I should just stay on this stuff for 30 days and it'll go away and shouldn't become chronic. As a hardcore geek and computer science student though, some of the stories I've heard about it being chronic and never getting better, or other bad related things like carpal tunnel have me quite nervous, especially considering that if I actually do get a computer science degree, I'll have another 40 years of computer work and I already have a bit of tendinitis at 19

Have any of you had anything similar or the same as this? Have you found anything that helps or prevents it from reoccurring? Any tips at all or anything I should be doing besides following the docs advice? Any ergonomic changes or anything anyone has done?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...