Clear All
  • Big Jim
    • Jun 2007

Any date on when it will be out...?

Comment

• zappsan
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.8.x

I am going to upgrade. Can't wait for it to be released. Already played around with my test forum a bit.

I like the tabs on the new profiles, now I can add additional user info more easily
      *Insert text here* :)

Comment

• bahbah
        • Dec 2001
        • 3.8.x

I'm not going to upgrade. TBH I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the amount of unneeded bloat that is going into vbulletin (I mean bloat in the context that I personally bought vbulletin to be forum software that could cope with 1M+ posts not forum software that follows the everything but the kitchen sink approach). I don't doubt that some, maybe many want all of this stuff, but until it has been established that this new stuff can all be turned off, and when turned off has zero negative impact on performance, I shall be considering alternative forum solutions.

Some of us just want forums that work, and perform well under high usage. I've been using vbulletin on my site for 7 years btw.
        Last edited by bahbah; Thu 13 Mar '08, 5:58pm.

Comment

• dkon26
          • Jul 2007
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by bahbah
          I'm not going to upgrade. TBH I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the amount of unneeded bloat that is going into vbulletin (I mean bloat in the context that I personally bought vbulletin to be forum software that could cope with 1M+ posts not forum software that follows the everything but the kitchen sink approach). I don't doubt that some, maybe many want all of this stuff, but until it has been established that this new stuff can all be turned off, and when turned off has zero negative impact on performance, I shall be considering alternative forum solutions.

Some of us just want forums that work, and perform well under high usage. I've been using vbulletin on my site for 7 years btw.
          What did they add that is so extreme? Personally, the additions make the user forum experience much better.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

I don't doubt that some, maybe many want all of this stuff, but until it has been established that this new stuff can all be turned off, and when turned off has zero negative impact on performance, I shall be considering alternative forum solutions.
            The hundred or so staff posts stating that it can all be turned off isn't confirmation enough for you?
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Vtec44
              • Jan 2005
              • 3.7.x

More people use it = more bugs will be reported.

More bugs reported = more bugs fixed

More bugs fixed = more reliable

More reliable = GOLD VERSION!!

So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• G3MM4
                • Apr 2004
                • 3.7.x

Personally, I'm not upgrading until it goes GOLD.
                Jeez... I can't believe my post count mostly consists of questions! :eek:

Comment

• msimplay
                  • Feb 2003
                  • 3.6.x

Bloat is a concern of mine too
                  rugs|cheap rugs|modern rugs|shaggy rugs|traditional rugs

Comment

• bahbah
                    • Dec 2001
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    The hundred or so staff posts stating that it can all be turned off isn't confirmation enough for you?
                    Frankly no, it depends how turning it off is implemented. I am concerned purely on performance. Re; the forum experience ... that may well be the case, but for me and my site it is thoroughly unneeded.

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
                      • May 2003

I upgraded my live forums and I haven't noticed a single performance decrease, to be perfectly honest.

I did turn off Social Groups and Style Customizations though, but that wasn't for performance.

In fact I'm contemplating turning the Style Customizations back on.
                      Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...