• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WurkAnimal
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.5.x

Way Off-Topic Smoking...

Hi all..

Just thought I'll start a topic all to do with 'smoking', just to see what your thoughts are, what are your likes and dislikes regarding smoking?

- I've only just recently started smoking. I can get annoyed very easily and stressed a lot of the time. Everytime I have a cigarette I feel so cool calm and collected, all the pain and stress is taken away from me. I would only say I've been smoking for about 3 month - and a lot of people can tell a real difference in the way I am. I don't want to smoke, but if I feel so great after one why not? & I could say now I'm addicted .

I'm a sociable smoker - hardly ever smoke on my own.

Do you smoke? do you feel it helps calm you down ect?
    Last edited by WurkAnimal; Mon 3 Mar '08, 4:51am.
  • Dilly
    • Mar 2005

You have my sympathy.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.8.x

Smoking will help anyone relax in the short term.
      But the huge increase in dopamine release is short-term, and as soon as dopamine receptors start to down regulate, your pretty much just left with the mild amount of nicotine addition.
      I was never addicted to cigarettes myself, i could stop and start at the drop of a hat..

I no longer smoke myself though...
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Cloud Strife
        • Jun 2002
        • 3.0.0 'Gold'

If your gonna smoke, I say smoke something worth smokin'

Comment

• Chousho
          • Jan 2004
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Cloud Strife
          If your gonna smoke, I say smoke something worth smokin'
          Like salmon? There's nothing quite like smoked fish to work relax the taste buds.

Mmmmmm

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Chousho
            Like salmon? There's nothing quite like smoked fish to work relax the taste buds.

Mmmmmm
            rofl.
            I love smoked salmon...
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Cloud Strife
              • Jun 2002
              • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by Chousho

Mmmmmm

Ummm... Smoked Salmon.. hmmm... yeah... thats what I meant

Comment

• Milado
                • Mar 2005
                • 3.8.x

I don't smoke, I advise against smoking.

Try to quit. many cancers and tumors are caused and induced by smoking.

Regards
                Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

• Redseal
                  • May 2007

I used to smoke but it was really expensive and I always felt like crap. It also sucked trying to kiss girls when your mouth tasted and smelled like an ashtray.
                  I love lamp

Comment

• chrisbeau
                    • May 2007
                    • 3.6.x

It takes longer than 3 months to get addicted fully. At your age starting smoking is kinda retarded, theres more healthy ways to relieve stress.

Comment

• Onimua
                      • Apr 2005

Personally, I hate smoking (I only smoke a good cigar once a year, at New Year's). I don't agree with the fact people smoke to relieve stress; there's tons of other ways to do it without putting poisons into your body.

Pretty much all of my friends know I hate it, and if they do (there's only one or two that smoke), they never do it near me though they know it bugs the crap out of me that they do. Still, I know when they have since they smell horrible and it really bugs me, especially since sometimes it can rub off on to me.
                      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Creepshow
                        • May 2005
                        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by NashTax
                        Hi all..

Just thought I'll start a topic all to do with 'smoking', just to see what your thoughts are, what are your likes and dislikes regarding smoking?

- I've only just recently started smoking. I can get annoyed very easily and stressed a lot of the time. Everytime I have a cigarette I feel so cool calm and collected, all the pain and stress is taken away from me. I would only say I've been smoking for about 3 month - and a lot of people can tell a real difference in the way I am. I don't want to smoke, but if I feel so great after one why not? & I could say now I'm addicted .

This will be my only post in this thread, since last time my views made a lot of people throw a hissy fit -- but if smoking works for you, and helps you to relieve stress, keep doing it. That's my take anyway.

I'm out of this thread for good now before someone starts on me!!
                        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Creepshow
                          This will be my only post in this thread, since last time my views made a lot of people throw a hissy fit -- but if smoking works for you, and helps you to relieve stress, keep doing it. That's my take anyway.

I'm out of this thread for good now before someone starts on me!!
                          Thank you.

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by NashTax
                            Hi all..

I do not like smoking. I haven't dated a girl yet (relationship) that smoked.
                            I have no problem with people that smoke. Each to their own. But I don't want people to smoke in my house.
                            I have no problem with the bans on smoking either. I don't smoke and I don't want to smoke someone else their smoke either.

That said, a poker game without a whiskey and a cigar is not a poker game

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                              • Aug 2005
                              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Floris
                              I do not like smoking. I haven't dated a girl yet (relationship) that smoked.
                              I have no problem with people that smoke. Each to their own.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...