Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 0ptima
    • Jan 2002

HTC Touch on VB?

Can you post to a vb forum with a HTC Touch?
  • Chazel
    • Nov 2007

I had to google 'HTC touch' to find out what it was.

If it resembles the iPod Touch, whose name it ripped off, then yes, it should be able to.

Comment

• Radon3k
      • Nov 2001

You should be able to. It runs Windows Mobile Pocket PC Edition version 6. I have an iPhone and I can (and have) posted here with it before. If you're looking for more information, here's a good source for it.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by chaselafon
        If it resembles the iPod Touch, whose name it ripped off, then yes, it should be able to.
        Only the iPod Touch came out after the HTC.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gopherhockey
          • Jul 2002
          • 3.6.x

I realize vb doesn't support mobile devices so much yet, but I did notice many mobile 6 users can browse, but when they go to enter text into a reply or new thread they are unable to get the curser to show up, thus not able to post.

Mobile 5 users don't have this issue. It seems to be only 50% of mobile 6 users. My touch does NOT work.

Would be nice to have better functionality here.. would be way more useful than trying to emulate facebook with forum software. Please add mobile support to your next release
          www.morcmtb.org

Comment

• belinea
            • Nov 2002
            • 3.7.x

Mobile, Cell, Phone, PDA, iPhone Style

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
              • Nov 2001
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by 0ptima

Of course it can, but have fun typing out the message, it uses an on screen keyboard like the iPhone..

I would wait for RIM's new Hybrid Qwerty keyboard/Touchscreen BlackBerry if your into touchscreen features...
              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Yeah, http://www.htc.com/www/about_htc.aspx?id=3730 - they got their first touch screen around 2004/2005.

Comment

• Fusion
                  • Aug 2001
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by 0ptima
                  You are able to post using a HTC Touch, yes. I have the S730 and it works well.
                  Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Radon3k
                    • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
                    Of course it can, but have fun typing out the message, it uses an on screen keyboard like the iPhone..

I would wait for RIM's new Hybrid Qwerty keyboard/Touchscreen BlackBerry if your into touchscreen features...
                    If you're speaking of the Thunder, as of right now it looks like it's going to be only on Verizon in the U.S. If he has Verizon that's great, if not, he may have to find another solution.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                      • Nov 2001
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Radon3k
                      If you're speaking of the Thunder, as of right now it looks like it's going to be only on Verizon in the U.S. If he has Verizon that's great, if not, he may have to find another solution.
                      No, the thunder is Touchscreen only, well thats the codename, it wont be sold retail with that name. The hybrid's won't be out until 2009.
                      I don't think youll see the BB Thunder be dedicated to Verizon/Vodafone very long.
                      You will probably see it stick to Verizon about as long as the Curve did to GSM only carriers. Which was about 10-12 months...
                      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Colin F
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund

There's also the Touch Dual, which can have either a 9 or 20 key keyboard.

Also, typing on both the Touch and Touch Dual works well after a short adaption period.
                        Best Regards
                        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...