• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rellek
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.8.x

Computer Chat XFX... anyone?

Hi,

I have *no* idea if somebody has experiences with graphic cards. But, is there somebody?

I mean, I bought an XFX GeForce 7900 GT back in January 2007. Well... this one worked - but not well. Look here:

...and the shop I bought this in did not believe the fault.
    Well, in May 2007 I finally could manage the XFX Support to send me a replacement (which worked fine since then ).

NOW, in November 2007, I wanted to buy a DX10-capable card... So I ordered an EVGA 8800 GT. But this one was not delivered until now. So I bought an XFX 8800 GTS 512 MB.

And guess what...
    Doesn't work!
    Long, short, short, short beep from the BIOS - Video RAM error.

I think I do not have luck with XFX devices ...

Do you have similar stories or am I the only lonely soul having problems with new XFX cards?

regards...
    rellek
    Last edited by rellek; Wed 30 Jan '08, 8:25am. Reason: typos
    Meow!

Please excuse my bad English.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I have never heard of them before. My cards are all by eVGA or PNY.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• rellek
      • Apr 2002
      • 3.8.x

It's possible that they sell there stuff as "Pine" in the USA.
      Afaik it is a UK-based company which is quite popular here in Germany and people usually like to buy their cards because of the high quality...

But I can't confirm this... The first try never worked up to now.
      Meow!

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
        • Feb 2003

I brought a XFX GeForce 7950 GT because it was fanless. I have had no problems with it and I would recommend XFX's fanless products to anyone. You probably had a run of bad luck.

Prior to that, I had an eVGA GeForce 7600 GT to which I mounted a fanless heatsink. It constantly had problems with artifacts, which is why I brought the XFX GeForce 7950 GT. Before the eVGA graphics card, I had an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (on a different motherboard), which replaced a temporary Powercolor Radeon 7500 that I was using in place of an ATI AIW 9700 Pro that had died. I RMAed the ATI AIW 9700 Pro once 15 months after I brought it for a dead fan (after the RMA, I put an Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer on it), and its replacement died altogether 16 months later, as I was starting the Call of Duty demo. The Powercolor Radeon 7000 never worked well, even for basic windows. When I had it, I could see Windows drawing themselves onto the screen and nothing I did fixed the problem. The ATI Radeon 9700 Pro improved the situation, but it did not work that well. When I finally rebuilt my PC with new components (e.g. the eVGA card, a new motherboard, etcetera), I discovered that the AGP port was on its way out. I have never heard of that before, so I think the original ATI card took part of the port with it when it died.

Comment

• Vile
          • Jul 2002
          • 3.6.x

XFX makes good video cards. Although I prefer BFG and eVGA, I've boought a couple of XFX their cards in the past and didn't have any problems with them.
          Webmaster / Administrator
          www.MegaGames.com
          www.MGForums.com

Comment

• ManagerJosh
            • Jun 2002

XFX is among the list of who I highly recommend. eVGA is also up there as well .

My list of great video card manufacturers (no particular order).

XFX
            eVGA
            BFG
            Asus
            MSI
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• rellek
              • Apr 2002
              • 3.8.x

Okay... As I today saw in the shop I bought the card at, the card itself works. Well, it was an Asrock mainboard with only PCI-e x8 but okay...

I have an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe.

Does somebody have any hints how to make the card work on my system?

thanks, guys...
              Meow!

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Define work?

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2004
                  • 3.6.x

I have a XFX 780i Tri-Sli board and love it. They are a good company.

Comment

• rellek
                    • Apr 2002
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                    Define work?
                    Not beeping in POST and giving me a picture on the screen :-)

But I finally managed it! I tried the other PCI-E-Power-Plug on my PSU (you must know, in case I want to use SLI my PSU offers 2 plugs) and now the card is working fine. Crysis (demo) at 1440x768 (don't know why it does not offer 1680x1050?) at High details without any problem.
                    ...and it's soooo silent, unbelievable

I'm sooo happy now

best regards
                    rellek
                    Meow!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...