Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J R
    • Jan 2008

Computer Chat Creating a website..

Hey, i was interested in creating a website.. is it possible to just have a message board without a front page? Is it a good idea? Im having a hard time trying to figure out what kind of content to put on the front page.. seems rather hard IMO
  • dkon26
    • Jul 2007
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by J R
    Hey, i was interested in creating a website.. is it possible to just have a message board without a front page? Is it a good idea? Im having a hard time trying to figure out what kind of content to put on the front page.. seems rather hard IMO
    I would suggest using vbadvanced as your front page. You can put all forum modules in it as well as customize it slowly to add content as your site grows and when you get more ideas. Check it out, it's free!

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by J R
      It would be better to have a frontpage.

I suggest that you go to w3.org and read the XHTML 1.1, CSS 1.0, and CSS 2.1 specifications to get started.

Comment

• V-Dub
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine

I suggest that you go to w3.org and read the XHTML 1.1, CSS 1.0, and CSS 2.1 specifications to get started.
        I was thinking the same thing. Currently, I have a website and the forum is just to complement it.

Comment

• MRGTB
          • May 2005

There are tons of good Free web templates out there that you can use as a front page, and just put a link on it leading to your forum.

I wouldn't bother integrating vBa with your forum, because everytime the forum gets a major update - you usually have to also update vBa to a new version most of the time as well, to take into account forum changes made that are incompatible. And with it usually come problems in the form of bugs that need fixing where vBa is concerned. vBa is good, but it just to much of a headache all the time as mentioned above.

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine

He doesn't need to do that though, there are loads of Free XHTML 1.0 Strict, and CSS Valid templates out there to use straight out the box so to speak. That only requires he knows the basics about HTML to customize it.
          Last edited by MRGTB; Wed 30 Jan '08, 7:26pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...