Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Gamma-ray bursts from a Pulsar/Quasar can easily wipe out life from millions of light years away. I think the black hole that is skimming the Milky Way might be the end of us... You have to be around in 300,000 years to know if it just goes by or comes in for a bite.

Comment

• xjuliox
      • Sep 2005
      • 3.7.x

Didn't they say the samething about the year 2000.
      Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

• Lenni
        • Aug 2004
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Creepshow
        Well, if it happened, it's not like we'd know anything about it... so why worry?
        Well for our youngsters, remember ID4? You want to die as a virgin?
        selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

• Mazinger
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.7.x

I assume we still have some centuries before the day of judgement.
          $post[signature]

Comment

• simsim
            • Nov 2005
            • 3.6.x

I know that the earth is not going to end at 2012.
            You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• Mazinger
              • Jul 2005
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by simsim
              I know that the earth is not going to end at 2012.
              So, how do you know?
              $post[signature]

Comment

• simsim
                • Nov 2005
                • 3.6.x

2012 is too early for the stones to begin speaking. PM me if you didn't get it; I've said too much here...
                You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• Onimua
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
                  Gamma-ray bursts from a Pulsar/Quasar can easily wipe out life from millions of light years away. I think the black hole that is skimming the Milky Way might be the end of us... You have to be around in 300,000 years to know if it just goes by or comes in for a bite.
                  Where'd you see that?
                  Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Mazinger
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by simsim
                    2012 is too early for the stones to begin speaking. PM me if you didn't get it; I've said too much here...
                    I guess I realized the way you're talking about. Will PM you for more details.
                    $post[signature]

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Onimua
                      Where'd you see that?
                      Watching the 'Nova' channel.

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Weapon-x
                        Due to all the talk about Nibiru

Mayan calendar is said to set the "end of world" in December, 2012.
                        I thought that this might be somewhat credible until I read this:

"Then around 300,000 years or so ago, the Anunnaki decided to create a race of workers by genetically manipulating the primates on the planet."

Six thousand years ago they had no concept of genetics. There was no word for genetics until the last century or so and anyone claiming that ancient texts make references to concepts that post-dated them is clearly lying.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        Frankly I'd be more likely to believe Isaac Newton's prediction of 2060 for the end of the world. It seems to match what is happening with both Global Warming and the depletion of Oil Reserves.
                        Satellite data indicates that the planet is cooling on average, rather than warming on average, and that it has been cooling on average since 1998, which corresponds to solar data on the Sun's brightness/luminance/power-output.

Originally posted by chaselafon
                        According to the Bible, we should have all died out eight years ago...
                        I have read the bible and I did not see that passage. Would you care to provide the book and number of the passage in the Bible that says that?

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
                        The Bible? Yeah ok, now why would anyone mention a book that was banned for nearly 400 years and then after was shoved down most of europe in habitants mouths. You do know that the main story was taken from an ancient society almost 4000+- years in Egypt.

Man-made religion has no divine entity, just some form of controlling a mass population.

Sun God = Son of God

So our planet collides with other another, it would not be the first time from what I understood about the evolution of this planet.
                        The English language did not exist when the Bible or any ancient Egyptian texts were written, yet you claim that similarities between English translations of ancient texts in word spelling means that they are the same. Egyptian and Hebrew are two separate languages and in Hebrew at least, Son = Lamb, much like Sin = Debt. Notice how even though the two words (or two word pairs since I provided two) are the same in Hebrew, they are quite different in English. Unless you learn Hebrew and Egyptian and study the texts that you claim are identical, you are not qualified to claim that they are the same and citing plays on words of English translations of texts from two different languages as evidence for the two being the same only demonstrates your ignorance.

Originally posted by Quillz
                        Earth, and life as we know it, could theoretically end at any time, as we are entirely dependent upon the Sun and the light it provides. If anything should happen to the Sun prematurely, such as a supernova, we are doomed. Simple as that. (Fortunately, the Sun is predicted to have "just" 8 billion years left.)

I think society, per se, may change radically or even cease to exist by 2012, but certainly not Earth itself. It would take an asteroid the size of Texas hitting Earth at thousands of kilometers per second for the planet to literally be destroyed. And unless in four years time aliens come with the same death ray they used in Star Wars, I don't think Earth will have an artificial end, either.
                        The Sun is supposed to go in 5.4 billion years, not 8 billion years, although if I recall correctly, I believe Wikipedia puts it at 5.5 billion years.

Comment

• MrNase
                          • Jun 2003
                          • 3.8.x

Simple answer: I don't care.

I think that it is not human's fault if earth ends 2012 and if it is not human's fault I can't do anything against it and even if it's human's fault I doubt that I have the power to do anything against it. I think it is called 'destiny'.
                          That's the end of that!

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
                            Satellite data indicates that the planet is cooling on average, rather than warming on average, and that it has been cooling on average since 1998, which corresponds to solar data on the Sun's brightness/luminance/power-output.
                            Your way off, as only the Sun brightness is being reflected by small human made particles and not nature this time.

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
                            The English language did not exist when the Bible or any ancient Egyptian texts were written, yet you claim that similarities between English translations of ancient texts in word spelling means that they are the same. Egyptian and Hebrew are two separate languages and in Hebrew at least, Son = Lamb, much like Sin = Debt. Notice how even though the two words (or two word pairs since I provided two) are the same in Hebrew, they are quite different in English. Unless you learn Hebrew and Egyptian and study the texts that you claim are identical, you are not qualified to claim that they are the same and citing plays on words of English translations of texts from two different languages as evidence for the two being the same only demonstrates your ignorance.
                            I have no clue where you got English out of this, as I only know the only true or almost correct translation between the three language (not english, just incase you get confused again.) was from using the Rosetta Stone.

Sun God = Son of God <-- Pagan words converted and has nothing to do with Hebrew language.

Constantine almost removed all references to the ancient world reguarding the similarities between the Bible and Egyptian culture. He did not want anyone knowning that the newly created religion was base off pagans teachings. Why else would you burn, destroy and kill and kill non believers. I am not wrong, as this is fact on how Christianity & the Roman Catholic came to be.

Tell me how does Judas be able to create his on 'Gospel/Book' if he was hanged and then fallen upon the rocks below.

I do recall that the hebrews did once had a female deity. I guess if you are called a pagan, it would want you to just kill off a God or two to make you more civilize.

Hebrew and Egyptian was not the main spoken language in those areas in Europe. I do not recall any Egyptian Pharaoh's and or Rabi's being the rulers over teachings of the church in Europe... must be one of those worlds you live in.

Comment

• ---MAD---
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by xjuliox
                              Didn't they say the samething about the year 2000.
                              People say that about every few years just hoping to be right .

Comment

• kristoffur
                                • Feb 2008

well it's never to late to start doing something about the environment. looks like Toyota is catching on... (well, if you exclude their astronomically priced Prius).

Who knew changing light bulbs could be so funky?

If you don't turn off your water while brushing your teeth, something bad is gonna happen.......

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...