• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grover
    • May 2001
    • 3.8.x

Computer Chat Webconferencing software

Hi,

I would like to improve the communications between me and my team of Moderators. I am very interested to find out what webconferencing software can do for me on this matter.

I don't know what MS Live Messenger or Skype can offer on this : I want to be able to talk to 10 people simultanously and be able to record those conversations. Videochat is appreciated, but not strictly necessary. Is this all possible with Live Messenger or Skype?

If not, what are the other options out there? I don't make much money with my site, so I am not looking for an expensive prices hosted solution. But I am interested to find out about all the software (be it hosted or not) out there.

I guess more boardowners have come accross this, but I can't seem to find any discussion about this on vbulletin.com

Does anyone has any experience with this or can recommend a service/product?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Grover; Fri 28 Dec '07, 5:17am.
    How much do you love XenForo?
  • Mez
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.7.x

Have a look at mumble. It's meant for gaming, but should be able to provide what you need. not too sure bout the Recording capabilities, I usually just hook it up to alsa and jack and record that way - but that's a linux thing and needs a bit of preperation

Comment

• Alfa1
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

Check out Jabber. It has great possibilities. What you describe can be done with extensions like OpenFire. You can also make the conference available on a html page. Plus with an additional add-on, it can be accessed through almost all IM systems. (MSN, Yahoo, GoogleTalk, ICQ, etc)

IMHO Jabber is also THE solution for big board chat rooms.
      I buy 420 forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...