X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dream
    • Mar 2001
    • 3.6.x

Share the Love Watch 3000 Barrels Fall Down In Crysis

I'm soooo getting this game. My new PC MUST run it.
    Radio and TV Player for vBulletin
  • Razasharp
    • Feb 2005
    • 3.7.x

Lol it looks like fun! I haven't read much about crysis, but I heard it was a bit of a dissapointment as the graphical leap wasn't as great as first thought...?
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• Dream
      • Mar 2001
      • 3.6.x

Seems great enough to me by the video
      Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Crysis is f* awesome! The only reason to get a Windows PC

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Dream
          http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/watch...sis-333902.php

I'm soooo getting this game. My new PC MUST run it.
          That is not a very realistic simulation. For instance, in one scene, the guy throws a rock that hits the bottom barrel, causing all of them to fall down from the bottom. However, the barrels are extremely heavy and not likely to move when hit by a rock due to friction. While there is a good deal of energy stored in the gravitational field that could be used to cause the barrels to fall if energy was introduced into the system, the energy transfered to the bottom barrel if it does anything should cause a sway, making the top barrels fall first.

Also, as the barrels are falling and collide with one another, there should be deformities being created in the barrels that strike one another from the absorption of some of the energy of the barrels' motion and in more severe cases, such as the collisions with the ground, ruptures.

None of that is happening in that video. It is extremely unrealistic. While the objects are interacting with one another, they are not interacting according to the laws of physics that exist in our world.

To be fair, it would be fairly surprising if the barrels did interact as they would in our world, as calculating the collisions between barrels, whether or not and how they will deform upon collision, how the liquids released by severe collisions will interact with the barrels, the surrounding air and the ground, how the surrounding air will interact with the barrels and the liquid, etcetera could be categorized as a many-body problem, which is considered to be intractable.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...