X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skyrider
    • Feb 2006

Regarding Vbulletin & Multiple Forums.

Hey everyone,

I had no idea where to post this, so I'll just post it here. I have a question. At the moment, we have a license for vbulletin (1x) and we were wondering if it is allowed to keep one vbulletin an archive (read only), and make a new one which starts freshly (both on the same server). Is this allowed with one VBulletin license?
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Access members area... and or post in support forums.
    Why can't I post anywhere? I need support!

Comment

• Skyrider
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
      Access members area... and or post in support forums.
      Why can't I post anywhere? I need support!
      I myself don't have access to the members area, as I never bought it myself (someone else has) Thus, I am asking here. In other words, I am asking it for someone else.

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

What is the URL to your vBulletin forums?

Comment

• Skyrider
          • Feb 2006

I'm honestly not sure why you require the link to answer my question. My question is, is it possible to archive a vbulletin forum, and create a new vbulletin forum (fresh start) with 1 license? I suppose you are asking the link to see if the license is valid?

The Official Earth's Special Forces Forums, A Dragonball Z Modification for Half-Life 1. New? Need help? Or just want to drop by? Ask your questions here! We always welcome new people.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

The owner of the license has to contact us for support, or he has to add you to the priority support list. We can't provide you with support at this point, you're currently showing up unlicensed.

Comment

• Skyrider
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Floris
              The owner of the license has to contact us for support, or he has to add you to the priority support list. We can't provide you with support at this point, you're currently showing up unlicensed.
              With me showing up "unlicensed", you mean me or the forums? It's a shame you cannot help me further, as all I am wanting to hear is a yes or no answer...

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

I mean you showing up unlicensed on these forums, and we can help you. Just follow the instructions posted by Jose and you will show up licensed and we can provide detailed support where possible.

Comment

• Skyrider
                  • Feb 2006

That wont help me, as the "owner" of the license is not online at the moment. Besides the point, why is it required for me to be licensed just to ask a simple question? No offence, but not really user friendly. It could even be possible that we wouldnt even have a license just yet and wanting to know the answer before we buy it (giving an example here). Since you are within team, you should know the answer.

Comment

• MrNase
                    • Jun 2003
                    • 3.8.x

I hope this helps: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103150

My help won't go beyond that though. Do what Floris suggested and everything will be fine.
                    That's the end of that!

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

It is required, because everybody can claim to be the owner or staff on any site - and we can't provide support to unlicensed members; this is to protect our IP, it also ensures we put our time in giving free priority support to those who show licensed. I am sorry if this is a inconvenience to you. You will have to wait until the owner of the license can set you up for priority support.

Comment

• Skyrider
                        • Feb 2006

It is required, because everybody can claim to be the owner or staff on any site - and we can't provide support to unlicensed members; this is to protect our IP, it also ensures we put our time in giving free priority support to those who show licensed. I am sorry if this is a inconvenience to you. You will have to wait until the owner of the license can set you up for priority support.
                        Well, at the moment I am not claiming to be anyone honestly. Even if that is not the point, this question is regarding for both unlicensed or licensed users. I am just asking if it was possible to have vbulletin database as archive read only, and use another vbulletin forum to post, etc with 1 license. yes or no, this is about it. I honestly do not need why I require a license for such question.

Comment

• TheComputerGuy
                          • Apr 2001

I'm honestly not sure why you require the link to answer my question.
                          THEY WANT TO STEAL YOUR COOKIES!!!

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

As a pre-sales question I can answer it, but you're obviously already running a forum.

No, if you have 1 forum as read-only (that's one instance) and another forum as read/write - say the live site (that's another instance) you will be running two instances, therefor require two licenses.

Comment

• Skyrider
                              • Feb 2006

As a pre-sales question I can answer it, but you're obviously already running a forum.

No, if you have 1 forum as read-only (that's one instance) and another forum as read/write - say the live site (that's another instance) you will be running two instances, therefor require two licenses.
                              Thank u, that is all I wanted to know

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...