X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chazel
    • Nov 2007

Illegal vBulletin Distribution

Hi,

A couple of days ago, I reported a site that I believed to be using vBulletin illegally, aside from the fact that it's obvious that they distribute illegal copies of vBulletin on their website.

Just about every website I see that's running a nulled version of vBulletin is using it provided by the aforementioned site, which leads me to believe that it has been reported before.

No, I'm not complaining about the fact that the piracy team isn't "fast" enough, as I'm sure they have to deal with loads of complaints - my question is: Would a possible configuration (server location, etc.) prevent Jelsoft from taking action against a site illegally distributing the software?
  • SSSlippy
    • Jan 2006

Yes the laws only work in certain countries and it takes alot of time.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.8.x

Just report it and your job is done. Let the Piracy team do their job. I don't get why people ask questions, nor would the piracy team want to go into details. It's their job and they TAKE CARE of it in a good manner.

Comment

• Chazel
        • Nov 2007

Thanks for not reading my post at all. I was asking a question, not critiquing the piracy teams' techniques.

Comment

• Freezerator
          • May 2002
          • 3.6.x

Some webhosts won't comply if they are asked to. A lawsuit can take quitte some time, if copyright can be enforced in that country.
          Dutch vBullletin users social group!

Comment

• dreamer81
            • May 2005
            • 3.7.x

It's mostly the US that has strict laws against piracy, here in europe we have a little more freedom... which is good, cause I dont like to be watched by the government.
            My site
            www.coolservice.dk

Comment

• SbyD_Salient
              • Nov 2007
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by dreamer81
              It's mostly the US that has strict laws against piracy, here in europe we have a little more freedom... which is good, cause I dont like to be watched by the government.
              Pirating other peoples work is hardly freedom imho, more your anarchy model.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...