Is Jelsoft currently working on a SEO add on?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alfa1
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

Is Jelsoft currently working on a SEO add on?

Originally posted by Floris
    A quick link to your own profile here on vBcom? Instead of that looong url?
    Try this: http://newvb.com/yourname (example: http://newvb.com/kier)
    This url rewrite by Jelsoft is just what I am going to do with with NuSEO. But if Jelsoft is making url rewrites, without releasing this in 3.7 then does this mean that Jelsoft is working on a official vbulletin SEO add-on?

Or am i jumping conclusions here?
    I buy 420 forums
  • Chroder
    • Dec 2002

The newvb.com site is totally unrelated from Jelsoft. That is Floris' own domain name, and he is using simple mod_rewrite to redirect profiles here. It's just one of his (many) nifty vB-related tools/projects.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

With the new social profiles and groups/albums running here on vBcom and getting many people to ask me what my url is etc .. It's just easier for me to type out quickly newvbcom/name instead of going through bookmarks, etc. I had newvb.com point to http://www.vBulletin-Fans.com/ but just as a quick alias, it's nicer to use it for something else right now like a tinyurl.com for vb profiles The site newvb.com is not an official jelsoft site, but the results do point to the official site and the members' their profiles on it.

About the question if readable urls / seo will be in vBulletin.. I can't answer that, we never disclose which features make it in new versions or future versions.

Comment

• cpvr
        • Feb 2006
        • 3.5.x

About the question if readable urls / seo will be in vBulletin.. I can't answer that, we never disclose which features make it in new versions or future versions.
        So, if it ever happens - will the thread urls also be updated? Just a comment.
        Virtual pet forum

Comment

• Mazinger
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by cpvr
          So, if it ever happens - will the thread urls also be updated? Just a comment.
          I assume Floris is able to make one for redirecting threads' IDs too, though I don't think that will be that important tool to waste his time on.
          $post[signature]

Comment

• Alfa1
            • Dec 2005
            • 3.8.x

So is this a no?
            I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Distance
              • Jul 2006
              • 3.6.x

It's not a no, its not a yes. They have refused to comment.

I guess it's something we are going to have to hope for.

Comment

• Alfa1
                • Dec 2005
                • 3.8.x

Aaahw, I was afraid someone was gonna say that. But I am still hoping for an official response though. One can always hope.
                I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Razasharp
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 3.7.x

You'll have to wait until next year, as the team have promised more transparency with their customers after 3.7 is out of the way. If they're working on one they'll probably let us know then.
                  What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...