X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qazwsxedc123
    • Nov 2007

How to get support if you arent " licensed customer"

How would a user of a vBulletin get support for a very simple question?

I do not want to be a " licensed customer" because I only have such a simple question (besides, you probably have to pay).

Is there a third party forum that does this? Or are all users of vBulletin just out of luck and stuck with what they have?
  • conqsoft
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.6.x

As you were already told, you must be a licensed owner of vBulletin: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...63#post1449763

If you are using a legal copy of vBulletin, you are entitled to get help with it. Why should they offer you support if you don't legally own the product?
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• qazwsxedc123
      • Nov 2007

thats the thing, I 100% dont own the product, I am simple using the product that someone else may or may not own.

Let me put it this way... I program a simple lightweight http/ftp server, I sell it, I create a forum to give people support.

Now, lets say a customer (Joe) purchases and installs it on there server. Now a user of Joe's website (Billy) has a question that Joe cannot understand because its not his software.

Were does that leave Billy?

Would I expect Joe to come here, register and ask every single question every customer has? That just doesn't work. If Billy has a question, why not answer it?
      Last edited by qazwsxedc123; Wed 21 Nov '07, 10:52pm.

Comment

• Fusion
        • Aug 2001
        • 3.8.x

There are ways for other licensed users to grant "support-access" to people they have a work-related contact with. I don't see that changing into some generic system that allows Joe, Dick or Harry that just "uses the product" access to the full support system. License holders know who they are and know how to get support.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

• qazwsxedc123
          • Nov 2007

But that still leaves out every single user who has a single question (and a 1 sentence answer).

Comment

• Dilly
            • Mar 2005

Billy asks Joe to ask here. Simple.

Comment

• qazwsxedc123
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dilly
              Billy asks Joe to ask here. Simple.
              Not simple, why should Joe waste his time posting here? If he does this for Billy, others might want it. Suddenly Joe might be asking himself if he went with the proper http/ftp server :P

Comment

• Icy
                • Dec 2005
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by qazwsxedc123
                I am simple using the product that someone else may or may not own.
                Ask him/her to add you in Priority Forums Support. That's quite simple.

Comment

• qazwsxedc123
                  • Nov 2007

Nothing about this is simple buddy....

I am guessing within 1-2 years ill be designing websites for clients, and I sure as hell not going for a forum that cant answer the simplest question to a user without jumping threw loops.

I have already posted this question on a programming website that uses vBulletin, maybe they can give me answers :\

Comment

• Dilly
                    • Mar 2005

I am guessing within 1-2 years ill be designing websites for clients, and I sure as hell not going for a forum that cant answer the simplest question to a user without jumping threw loops.
                    I'm sure vbulletin is crying on the inside.

TBH, if you can't follow simple instructions, that';s your problem.

Comment

• qazwsxedc123
                      • Nov 2007

its just not proper.

In addition they are far from simple because im 100% sure the owner of the site would never come here, sign up and go threw all the hopes just so I can ask a question.

Comment

• ---MAD---
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Use the search field - if its a popular question you should find it easily .

Comment

• Fusion
                          • Aug 2001
                          • 3.8.x

In addition, Billy or whoever can always post in the pre-sales area. Obviously, if the question pertains to areas users shouldn't know, it won't get answered, but hey..
                          The circle's complete.
                          Toddler from Hell

Comment

• qazwsxedc123
                            • Nov 2007

MAD: I still can find this information on this site, I dont know what to search for (that has been my problem this whole time, and the reason I spent time registering on this site).

Fusion: What are you saying? Users shouldnt know how to access the latest post in a thread?

How about someone just tells me how to get the latest post in this thread:

Thats all I need... I know if this is possible it must be something simple like

edit: I think if you re-read all my post, its VERY obvious I am just a user, and what I want it VERY simple. I am not robbing vbulletin, I am just a frustrated user wanting a simple answer to a VERY simple problem.

Comment

• Dean C
                              • Mar 2002
                              • 3.5.x

Your arguement is moot as many people have already pointed out. Just because the government provide me with roads to drive my car on, it doesn't mean they should give me advice if my tyres blow out or my brakes fail
                              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...