When will vBulletin 3.7 be released (joke)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ---MAD---
    • Jun 2005
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Greps
    I doubt that 4.0 development will start after the 3.7 release. they probably started coding the 4.0 code base a long time ago and already have a bunch of people working on it. and once 3.7 is out all efforts will be concentrated on 4.0. so after giving this a second thought, 4.0 alpha around summer '08 sounds quite reasonable.
    I don't think you realise how much work a major version requires. It requires recoding most major systems in vB such as admincp, pm system, poll system, template system, making a new skin, new graphics and everything else that needs recoding . Plus all the testing and quality control that have to go on after that.

Comment

• MRGTB
      • May 2005

I would imagine the staff have been working hard to get the 3.7 series done and released for download before the end of December this year, giving them the new year in 2008 to concentrate of development of vB 4.0.

Kind of makes common sense to me that. Start of a new year -and a new project on a new version.

Comment

• ---MAD---
        • Jun 2005
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by MRGTB
        I would imagine the staff have been working hard to get the 3.7 series done and released for download before the end of December this year, giving them the new year in 2008 to concentrate of development of vB 4.0.

Kind of makes common sense to me that. Start of a new year -and a new project on a new version.
        Yeah, so true .

Comment

• Mazinger
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by MRGTB

They should take some vacations.
          $post[signature]

Comment

• cpvr
            • Feb 2006
            • 3.5.x

I can't wait to upgrade.
            Virtual pet forum

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Mazinger
              They should take some vacations.
              I agree Mazinger, the devs should take a year off and start on vB4 in 2009 I am sure everybody can wait a bit.

Comment

• Freesteyelz
                • Jan 2006

Well, so much for the one year of free upgrades.

Comment

• Anthony89
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Floris
                  I agree Mazinger, the devs should take a year off and start on vB4 in 2009 I am sure everybody can wait a bit.
                  Speak for yourself.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...