When will vBulletin 3.7 be released (joke)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fusion
    • Aug 2001
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Razasharp
    Here's part of a conversation that suggests it will be out before the year is out:
    If so, they'd have to forgo the beta/rc cycles, as there's no telling how time-consuming those will be.
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

• alme
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

I think for most people it's more important to know what features and changes to expect, than the exact release date.

Comment

• ---MAD---
        • Jun 2005
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Fusion
        If so, they'd have to forgo the beta/rc cycles, as there's no telling how time-consuming those will be.
        Thats whats strange. How can they finish rc and beta stages in 1 month? That suggests 2 rcs and 2 betas, each lasting 1 week. Unless off course there are no rc/beta stages.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Maybe it will be one beta and three release candidates or 3 betas and one release candidate. You never know. Actually I think we try to have 1 beta and maybe a release candidate before gold. You can never foresee these things though.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ---MAD---
            • Jun 2005
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            Maybe it will be one beta and three release candidates or 3 betas and one release candidate. You never know. Actually I think we try to have 1 beta and maybe a release candidate before gold. You can never foresee these things though.
            Ah in that case there are no worries .

Comment

• Razasharp
              • Feb 2005
              • 3.7.x

It also depends on how confident the Devs are - perhaps they have been doing a lot more testing in-house thesedays?

As far as I know all features were set (for the SN side of things) and were being implemented way back in early October, so I guess they've come along quite a way since then, esp if all the team has been working on it.

I hope the beta comes out soon, so all our favourite hacks begin to get ported over and are ready for gold when it comes out
              What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• ---MAD---
                • Jun 2005
                • 3.8.x

It also depends on how confident the Devs are - perhaps they have been doing a lot more testing in-house thesedays?

As far as I know all features were set (for the SN side of things) and were being implemented way back in early October, so I guess they've come along quite a way since then, esp if all the team has been working on it.

I hope the beta comes out soon, so all our favourite hacks begin to get ported over and are ready for gold when it comes out
                I don't think they all worked on 3.7 - most likely some worked on other things such as 4.0 and maybe even the next addon whatever that might be . Plus theres the 3.7 update for the blog and project tools to deal with. Many people forget how much work and effort is required when major versions are made, thinking everyone works on it all at once and its a piece of cake as its one thing .

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

Trust me, a lot of work is put in 3.7. None of the latest releases of products we offer are shelved.

Comment

• Razasharp
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Floris
                    Trust me, a lot of work is put in 3.7
                    That does come across Floris it seems the Devs have been working pretty hard lately, hence why I feel annoyed when some people have nasty tones in their posts!

Comment

• Fusion
                      • Aug 2001
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                      Originally posted by ---MAD---
                      Ah in that case there are no worries .
                      You're reading way too much into what Wayne says, when in essence all he's saying he doesn't know.

All the in-house testing in the world cannot account for the many different scenarios public beta-testing will expose software to.

I believe we'll see several betas and several RCs, like before, because no matter how stable and "aged" the core gets, new features means a brand new minefield, it does not shorten the test-phase.

So, we may see a beta this year, but the stable version won't be out 'til next year.
                      Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Razasharp
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 3.7.x

Well Kier seemed confident enough to post what he did, so as he knows how far the development has come along and is actually using 3.7 in some form - I guess I'd be inclined to take his word for it.

All he said really was that it could be sooner than that.

Comment

• Fusion
                          • Aug 2001
                          • 3.8.x

Well Kier seemed confident enough to post what he did, so as he knows how far the development has come along and is actually using 3.7 in some form - I guess I'd be inclined to take his word for it.

All he said really was that it could be sooner than that.
                          Actually, he said it would be sooner, but we all know hype when we see it.
                          Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Onimua
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Fusion
                            Actually, he said it would be sooner, but we all know hype when we see it.
                            Of course, but I still love it.
                            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• ZeldeR
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 3.6.x

We are still waiting on it.

Comment

• Floris
                                • Dec 2001

Remember this Kier?

Remember this when you came to irc when 3.0 was about to get released?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...