X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    Thanks...

I would say that point two above is more of a cPanel issue. It brute forces .htaccess changes without regards to current contents of the file. On point two, that wouldn't be an issue for me because you can reuse images for future articles. I'll keep things like image sizes in mind. Also I don't really care if it is XHTML Strict or Transitional. That is not really an issue to me.

What other bugs did you come across?
    No it's not a cPanel issue, I've installed Drupal that comes with it's own .htaccess file and cPanel was able to enable Hotlink Protection in that one that comes with Drupal no problem. Not the case with the Vivvo one though. So I know it's not a cPanel issue. It must have something to do with the content in the Vivvo .htaccess file, or lack of it that comes with Vivvo. But I'm no expert on them or the code inside them.

Well I have Vivvo installed now with a couple of Demo threads posted in my signature. Only put it back up today. So I'll keep you posted.

Comment

• MRGTB
      • May 2005

Thanks...

What other bugs did you come across?
      I've created a Static Bugs page (link in header), where you can see Bugs I'm posting that I find. Mainly just so I don't forget about them!

Originally posted by pipedreams
      Overly I've been very impressed with Vivvo and was a planning to purchase a license soon

But after reading the above experiences I will now also hold off for a while.

Do please let us know how you get on
      Just an update, there's not that many Vivvo sites out for you to see the structure off, and how they work - especially in Vivvo 4 and most sites you will find have been modded and changed to look totally different from the default.

Well, I've been hard at work these past 4 days sorting the site out and adding stuff. If your still interested in Vivo. Visit my site here (a lots been added), so you can get the feel of how it all works and looks.

You might be interested to see how I've incorporated Adsense into the templates as well - if you wanting to use Vivvo and Adsense to make some cash from Articles posted.

Click the link in my signature!

Comment

• MRGTB
        • May 2005

By demo I meant trial.. just having difficulty styling... I mean I spent 2 hours trying to make it so unordered lists in articles have bullets and never did figure it out. I already removed everything in the CSS files that would remove the list symbols and other CSS changes take effect immediately. Just can't get the stupid bullet points to show up and the article looks bad without them.
        That might be a bug, as there is an option in the admin pages to create Static pages, but I've noticed when I add content and choose the option to add an "Ordered List" using Bullets. There are not being displayed when the static page is viewed. I've reported this bug to Vivvo

Comment

• Blueracer66
          • Nov 2007
          • 3.8.x

Its a nicer package. I have a Subdreamer License that I never really used because it was difficult to manage. This is easy and I am thinking of purchasing a license next month for a website.
          I had a Subdreamer license also but I felt my license expired to quickly and I didn't get any major updates. The support was great but lack of new features and plugins made me forget about SD. I keep asking for a "Reviews" plugin since 2004... never got it. I wasn't the only one asking for that plugin but... oh well. lol
          AllConsoleGamers (beta)

Comment

• dilbert
            • Oct 2004

I took a look, installed the trial and it seems "OK".
            I'd like to see a few site with vB integrated. Does anyone have a Vivvo / vB site they'd like to post a link to? Vivvo doesn't have any listed on their site.
            Cliff
            PathLabTalk
            Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

• MRGTB
              • May 2005

don't rush into into buying it, seriously. It's bug ridden and should still be in Beta

Comment

• Dream
                • Mar 2001
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Blueracer66
                I had a Subdreamer license also but I felt my license expired to quickly and I didn't get any major updates. The support was great but lack of new features and plugins made me forget about SD. I keep asking for a "Reviews" plugin since 2004... never got it. I wasn't the only one asking for that plugin but... oh well. lol
                Vivvo won't be having any review plugin soon either I think. Especially not free.
                Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• MRGTB
                  • May 2005

they have just released a new free plug-in to intergrate a popular free forum, just can't think whats it called now. Not phpBB or MyBB though!

It will come to me

Comment

• kuyenmotdivad
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 4.1.x

Damn this looks good and I have just purchased vbPortal.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB
                      Click the link in my signature!
                      hey MRGTB, I see no link that you mention?

Comment

• MRGTB
                        • May 2005

I'm not using Vivvo anymore, I tried to get a refund from them and failed. if anybody is interested in buying a license for there Pro version. Let me know! I'll do it for half the price to take over my account there which is only two weeks old

Comment

• Cromulent
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 3.8.x

I'm not using Vivvo anymore, I tried to get a refund from them and failed. if anybody is interested in buying a license for there Pro version. Let me know! I'll do it for half the price to take over my account there which is only two weeks old
                          Any reason you decided to get rid of it? Specifically that is.

Comment

• MRGTB
                            • May 2005

Yeah, I don't like it!

Comment

• Cromulent
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 3.8.x

Yeah, I don't like it!
                              Nice and specific then.

Comment

• MRGTB
                                • May 2005

no point beating about the bush with a long winded reply

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...