Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

Vivvo 4 out now

The new version of Vivvo 4 is out now with vBulletin intergration. If your interested in checking it out go here: http://www.vivvo.net/

I been reading about the new features and it sounds pretty cool as a CMS for vB
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

It would seem that they got rid of those tab(s) and or drop down menu from the navigation bar.

*edit... just seen it is a template choice you can get.

Comment

• MRGTB
      • May 2005

Well now it produces static pages, uses mod rewrite, tags, and is very seo friendly indeed. plus they have added social bookmarking etc. Even as a stand alone CMS without vB intergration it's quite impressive. Plus the learning curve it very fast to use as well.

I'm seriously thinking of buying the new version. Gonna look more into it yet though. But they have sorted out the cache problem now also, so it loads fast. And they are using pure CSS for templates.

This is not just an upgrade from 3.5. Its a complete new version.

I'm testing the demo using wamp. And it's very good so far. Just about got wamp setup so everything required passes.
      I love the power and SEO friendlyness. And most of all the ease of use

Comment

• Cromulent
        • Oct 2005
        • 3.8.x

It looks very good and certainly gives Subdreamer a run for its money. I would consider switching.Do you know how active the development of it is? I have been burned with Subdreamer which seems to be very slow with its updates.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.8.x

I'm also using it, btw mrgtb, I saw you on their support forums

The only issue I've had is converting my database. Seems like they changed the system, that you cannot convert it straight from 3.5 to 4.1.

Comment

• MRGTB
            • May 2005

Yes, I bought the Pro version last night for £150. I'm very impressed by it too I might add.

Yeah you saw me on the support forum because I had a java-script error displayed on the homepage at the bottom left of my browser window. But thats fixed now. It was because that sometimes happen until a comment is posted to an article as a reply that gets disp,layed on the homepage in the comments box. So I just posted a comment on a test article and now all is fine and working dandy.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

I am looking at the demo. I like the template engine, just having a hard time getting things to look how I want them. Color changes are easy but not very good with the entire presentation - html separation. I need to see it in action for I can make changes. WYSIWYG works great for me. Probably why I hate command line interfaces in operating systems as well. I'll get it eventually though. Will just take a lot of "tweak-reload" sequences.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• MRGTB
                • May 2005

One think I have noticed, but I've not had time to read the manual yet to learn more about using it. In the Pro version which I bought you get FAST CACHING module which makes it load fast when used. It seems though, I have to delete the cached files in that folder to get a new article to be displayed that I post. Not sure why that happening just yet. But thats been happening to me so far.

Need to read the manual though. Still I'm very impressed with it though. Very easy to use and understand. And very powerful and very SEO friendly. Cost a lot to buy, but I love it.

Comment

• MRGTB
                  • May 2005

By the way Wayne, there is a patch out that fixes a few things since the Gold release. Which I don't think you'll have access to using the trail version. Unless they have updated the trial download to include the fixes.

Download the Trail version if you have only seen the demo and run it using wamp and install Ioncube on your PC in wamp. It full version that expires after a month I think. Then you can see it and play with it proper. Thats what I did before buying

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

By demo I meant trial.. just having difficulty styling... I mean I spent 2 hours trying to make it so unordered lists in articles have bullets and never did figure it out. I already removed everything in the CSS files that would remove the list symbols and other CSS changes take effect immediately. Just can't get the stupid bullet points to show up and the article looks bad without them.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• MRGTB
                      • May 2005

I'd be interested to see some changes you have made when your ready

Comment

• MRGTB
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by FreshFroot_
                        I'm also using it, btw mrgtb, I saw you on their support forums

The only issue I've had is converting my database. Seems like they changed the system, that you cannot convert it straight from 3.5 to 4.1.
                        I've done a clean install of Vivvo 4.0. So I can't say I suffer from that problem. And to be honest, I wouldn't even like to think I was trying to upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0

Originally posted by Cromulent
                        It looks very good and certainly gives Subdreamer a run for its money. I would consider switching.Do you know how active the development of it is? I have been burned with Subdreamer which seems to be very slow with its updates.
                        I bought SubDreamer Basic a few months ago. Glad I did only buy the basic version too. I did think it was very search engine friendly, but I hated the fact it was so darn sloooooooowwwww at loading pages. Plus it just seemed a bit of a mess to me to use. Just wasn't simplified enough and a bit long-winded to use I thought.

Plus I thought it was a little expensive and the support runs out way to fast for me - with the basic version. You only get 1 month, then your paying again. They charge you cheap for the basic version, but claw it back on support after 1 month.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                          • Sep 2001

vivvo seems impressive, I meant to download the trial and see if will fit some of our sites needs. Styling might be an issue as other suggested mostly due to unfamiliarity.
                          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• MRGTB
                            • May 2005

The templates and CSS are both accessed through the Admin section. I'm in the same boat really - unfamiliarly with it right now. But after looking more and more at the template system and CSS. It's not that hard at all I'm guessing to style and make template changes once you get to grips with it. And I'm no expert on these things!

Already though, I've quite easily managed to add Adsense though in two templates. Also remember each template comes with an original version - so you revert back if you mess up!

Each template has two versions like this:

default.tpl
                            default.tpl.original

And it works a bit like vBulletins template system. If you make changes to a template - it gets highlighted in Blue to let you know that template has changed. However, unlike vBulletin. If you want to keep that template as it is without reverting back before making further changes in the future. You can just download it - re-name it with the ".original" extention and upload and overwrite the original backup template. Then it will no longer be highlighted in Blue. And it can be used as the default template to revert back to after more changes are made. To go back to your last edits in that template.

If you get my drift!
                            Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 15 Nov '07, 9:42am.

Comment

• Dream
                              • Mar 2001
                              • 3.6.x

This is a very interesting system, and affordable.

Do you know if I can set editors to review articles from vB's user base?

Hey they use vB as their community forum :P
                              Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...