Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xaviationud
    • Nov 2007

2 Random questions

The first question I'm more annoyed about then anything.
    Whenever I drink a hot drink, (ie. Coffee, Cocoa, Hot Tea, etc.), I burn both my tongue and lips. How are people able to chug the stuff?

Question two, if a person is driving on the highway at about 65 MPH, what would happen if you switch shifts from Drive to Park in one swift motion? I don't know why that popped in my head..
  • steven s
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

1) Ice

2) Nothing as seen in a recent Mythbusters.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
      • May 2003
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by xaviationud
      Whenever I drink a hot drink, (ie. Coffee, Cocoa, Hot Tea, etc.), I burn both my tongue and lips. How are people able to chug the stuff?
      Adaptation.

Mom can drink her coffee, tea and soup at temps close to boiling -- and refuses to drink/eat them at any less.

If it's 110F, it'll burn my mouth, because I prefer iced drinks and lukewarm food, instead.

So, if you want to chug McDonald's 180F coffee down like iced water, slowing build your tolerance to it over time. 100F/110F/120F, etc..
      "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
      is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
      ~~~
      Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by xaviationud

Question two, if a person is driving on the highway at about 65 MPH, what would happen if you switch shifts from Drive to Park in one swift motion? I don't know why that popped in my head..
        For your second question;

I've not tried going into park but I did manage to shift into reverse while doing around 70mph while going down a hill in a car with an automatic transmission ('96 Nissian Maxima).

When I shifted into reverse the engine cut itself off and the car coasted to the bottom of the hill (I did shift back into neutral when I noticed my error). Modern cars have failsafes for things like this...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...